Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

WOW!!!! What a complete team performance that was. Brilliant & better than them in every position. Centre backs solid & composed. Walker did his job for the team vs Hazard. Zinchenko put in a fantastic performance, 1st start in the Prem since Southampton I think & fully justified Peps faith in him. Was a real asset down the left giving us great balance. Fern is the best in the world in that position. KDB still finding his way back but still showed moments of brilliance especially with the quick free quick to Bernardo. Gundagons best performance since his recovery from his injury in the first season. The recent run of games has allowed him to find his form & confidence, our 4 options for our 2 no.8 roles are incredible & all 4 will be vital in our quest to win 4 trophies.
Bernardo, words don’t do him justice, probably the most under rated player in the prem. Never has a game less than 7/10, he could play in any team in the world & improve them.
Raheem, had Azpulicuetas number today, looked fresh & sharp & his end product was dangerous, undroppable when playing like that. Sergio, this is the best football I’ve ever seen him play. Rightly he’s getting the accolades he deserves now from the media. Back to back home hat tricks, more records being broken, he really does have the bit between his teeth. He is looking younger & quicker.
League put to bed now for 2 weeks, let’s get another trophy at Wembley won, Quarter Finals in The Fa Cup & a positive result at Schalke. Is the quad on..........

Well a week where we could very easily have lost the league has ended with us being right up there and the dippers shitting it.

Wouldn't like to be a Chelsea player/supporter having to play us again in 2 weeks after that.

A brilliant team performance, it really should have been 10.

What a game......

Bizarrely I thought in some ways Chelsea threatened us more than most other teams this year - they were very cute in creating space between our centre backs and midfield and on another day in another game this could have lead to goals.

And yet - how clinical were we?
An absolutely ruthless first twenty odd minutes which will live long in the memory.

And, which I wouldn’t have thought possible last year, a game in which Dave didn’t start and which KdB still looked a bit rusty.

Enjoyed that - we always knew that when we started to take all the chances we create someone would get thrashed - just didn't expect it to be Chelsea. The way we closed them down or tempted them to try and get the ball whilst we knocked it across the six yard box was just brilliant.

What is really frightening for everyone else is that KdB wasn't really on form, lot of stray balls - not getting into dangerous spaces etc. Walker had some dodgy moments, Zinchenko started nervously but grew into the game and Mahrez struggled when he came on. whilst, Chelsea had lots of possession, created a couple of chances that brought great saves from Ederson and yet we still scored six and extended our goal difference advantage. What will we be like when everyone is playing well?

These last 11/12 games are going to be very interesting.

It would be a tragedy not winning the title now, they way we’ve played lately. I really hate the fact the title is Liverpool’s to lose. If we only shared points/games I wouldn’t be too worried.

Last post for today. Rapture. That’s the best word I can think of to describe today’s performance and the resulting experience. When you think what we were to what we are....
Just beyond words. So lucky to have these owners, coach and players.
Even if it doesn’t work out for the remainder of the season, today was special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.