Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

We have to play our strongest team at Newcastle next Friday because today showed just how ineffective our team is without certain key men. We want to get the title sewn up. I never like to criticise any of our players but playing our second choice has shown how unreliable Mendy can be against good opposition, especially defensively, and today we saw that a midfield without KdB, Gundo or Phil Foden has little creative spark, Sterling is still short of his best form by some way and Jesus is not able to fill the role of main striker. I hate to criticise Sergio but he is well short of what's required for a first team place and I cannot imagine what he was thinking when he took such bad Panenka for a penalty which would have sealed the title. Absolutely unbelievable.

I'm going to guess that everybody has remained calm and not lost their shit.
150 pages tells me I might be wrong so not going to bother reading them.
The only thing I'm pissed about is being deprived of @Inter Me Nan gif that always puts a spring in my step.
We are going to win the league, just got to wait until tomorrow instead.

That's the worst thing from today. He has to go full strength now v Newcastle.
But it's a lot easier to go full strength on Friday, 10 days after the PSG game than it was to go full strength today. If fact, it could be ideal because the first team needs to continue playing competitive games to keep match fitness.

Is there any other team in the world that would play such a weakened team in a big title-deciding match a mere 20 days before a cup final?
Ask yourself why though. Pep didn’t do it for the shits and giggles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.