Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

I'm more annoyed about conceding in injury time and losing again like v Leeds. I can understand the rotation, the resulting disjointed performance and the other mistakes. But not conceding at the end and losing.

But, like against Leeds, it's a draw at 90 minutes so just shut up shop and the League would be won by now. It can be argued that is not Pep way and by trying to win every game has almost delivered the title. But the advantage of a 13 point gap has already been gained. The draw was nearly achieved so just hang on
This. You can't always win every game, but be professional and see the game out.

Just had weird thought.

Can not remember the last time we lost a game with our best starting 11 on the Pitch.

We only seem to lose game these days when Pep goes full on Ranieri.

If this trend continues.

We will win Champions League 29th May.

Or it will be our first defeat in fuck knows how long with our best starting 11.

They have improved dramatically under Tuchel. What we have to take from today going 1-0 up we should of been 2 up within a matter of minutes. Would of been interesting to see how they would react to being 2-0 down today, We will never know.
One good thing is obviously they haven't faced our proper 11...
Going to be a tough game but I expect us to come out on top.
I hope so....

My fear for the CL is their pace and effectiveness on the break...and Kante, plus our inability to finish off chances that we create. If we were to lose that would be the story - missed chances and them scoring on break aways.
Our proper 11 does allow us to control the game a lot more than today however.
What today also shows is that there are number in the squad whether it be at the moment or permanenly are not good enough...Mendy, Ake, Sterling Torres being the main ones. (id like to see Ake however in a much stronger line up however)

If all things were performed in a vacuum I'd agree. But they aren't and 2 wins against us will not do them any harm at all going into the 3rd match

Thank God they are stupid enough to believe playing against the shirt colour as opposed to the actual players makes a difference:-)

How the fuck can Aguero take a penalty like that. Not as if he buries the penalties he takes properly. And Rodri dawdling with the ball for the Chelsea equaliser. These two incidents show that todays game was not taken seriously enough by the players, not Rodri's fault as there was a lack of understanding that comes with mass team changes.

There was nothing good about it mate.. Yes we are still going to lift the title, but to do something as nonchalant as that is a disgrace from a top player.
You might want to reflect on your post below posted in the Pre-match thread and take your own advice:

‘We will win the league today. Give your fanny's a wipe!’

I didn't say we haven't, I just highlighted the possible problems of doing so if we do it for the last three games.

TBF.. I would prefer we didn’t switch off for a month.. and kept some sense of urgency into mid month as well as fitness into mid-month.

Also.. would prefer to face a Tuchel side that has no experience of playing against a proper Pep city team. I don’t think we lose either game against Tuchel with our best available team.. and no chance we lose both!

Every time I get the champagne out when we're ahead at halftime in a home title decider

2ce429c3bf30bfbe4e1a4bfb28483f2b.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.