Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

Cancelo has reverted to the Cancelo of last season in the last two months, shame.

Mendy continues to be a liability 'running' back to his own goal.

Dias doesn't look half the player he is on the left side of a two, considering we bought him as a right-footed centre back?

Testimony to Stones' partnership with him perhaps, but Dias looks a little more spun out playing on the right.

My biggest concern re Chelsea is the amount of hairline offside goals they have scored in the two recent games, they are really hanging on the last man and backing themselves to get the better of our fullbacks.

I'm not worried, just still angry, as the players coming in should be good enough but are letting us down with both poor performances and results.

Same im angry with the players coming in too. They have an opportunity to play for one of the best teams in the world right now and when they get the chance they just don't put in enough effort and don't look arsed.

I understand the frustration but equally do you think Pep is stupid ?..we could and probably should have won both games against Chelsea with weakened teams. Why give them the advantage of knowing our best team and how we will play ?We will win the league..Winning the CL is the big one this season..Just dont think there is no plan,there is, and frankly I think it is a good plan, and we will win.

but is pep mystic meg ? can he guarantee his best 11 will turn up for the champions league final and win it
maybe at one stage of whats left of the premier league we will need a win and our best 11 has to play
then no guarantee we win the game or not pick up a injury. because the players feel am not chancing it and forget me going in for a 50/50 ball i not chancing my place in the final team sheet

nobody can guarantee anything in football ? not even our great manager
can he over think things yes. does he get more rights than wrongs yes. can other manager get under his skin yes

all this pep and city have it covered ? well chelsea could have one of them days in the final and the one thing pep and city can not control is chelsea

Same im angry with the players coming in too. They have an opportunity to play for one of the best teams in the world right now and when they get the chance they just don't put in enough effort and don't look arsed.
When it's more than 1 player like that then it's the managers fault (unless he had no alternative but to start those players). Pep is our best ever manager but he gets things very badly wrong sometimes.

Pep didn't want to risk players who played Wednesday. Fair enough.
Maybe he didn't want to show his hand, so from a team with no strikers, we suddenly play 2. And a team normally loaded with midfielders we essentially play 1.
He wanted to win otherwise why bring on Gundog and Foden. But it seems initially he wanted to win with a bizarre formation and loads of players out of form.
it backfired but I imagine after 9 days rest he'll put out a strong team against NU, whether we need 3 points or not.

The reason we rotate isn’t to drive some City fans mad. Do you really believe Pep takes notice of how and when we would prefer to lift the cup?

Its this....if you play twice in a week you are more likely to pick up an injury than if you played once and not just because you play one more game either.

We have a huge final coming up soon.

Whether we need them or not most of our A team will play v Newcastle because they have had a weeks rest and need to stay sharp.

So its not done to upset you or because Pep doesn’t know what he’s doing. So accept it and wait.

I'm sure Pep was protecting players with a view to avoiding injuries before the biggest game in the club's history. Whether or not he got the balance of risks right yesterday is one that can be debated but we will only be in a position to conclude on that at the end of the season.

I do think the risk taken in only playing one recognised midfielder was a big one. Letting the title race drag on is not helpful and giving United the opportunity to get very close to us before we play again is not clever.

I did want him to make substitutions before he did yesterday and consider that a mistake on Pep's part.

What angers me though for more than Pep's team selections is that the players have thrown away two points in added time in two games; that is not acceptable. I don't know what messages Pep might have got to them or what instructions they carried into the game in that regard but against Leeds and Chelsea, with minutes to play, you do not throw players forward, you make sure you consolidate the point that you have.

Equally galling is that three examples of dreadful decision making cost us very heavily yesterday, Aguero choosing not to put his foot through the ball, Rodri losing the ball in his own half and the abject failure of the officials on the pitch or hiding behind a VAR screen to award a penalty for the mugging of Sterling. VAR is so bad that it is beyond belief or quite simply something corrupt is going on.

Plenty of Teams have won the European Cup/ Champions League in their first final!

Celtic
United
Nottingham Forest
Liverpool
Benfica
Marseille
Red Star Belgrade
PSV Eindhoven
Ajax
You're right, I was referring to the post rebranding one. It's a rare occurrence regardless. Not saying we can't win.

If Aguero didn’t try to be a smart arse with the pen, or Sterling didn’t keep looking to get a foul whenever he is within yards of the opposition net, then we would have won comfortably yesterday. Shit happens, move on and we win the league a week later

When it's more than 1 player like that then it's the managers fault (unless he had no alternative but to start those players). Pep is our best ever manager but he gets things very badly wrong sometimes.

For me personally I think he should of gone strong against them yesterday and hopefully he will learn from that and finally get the league wrapped up against Newcastle.

I don't know why the second team isn't giving it 100% but I don't think you can blame Pep for that he's giving them chance after chance.

i said it the night we beat dortmud the city bench that night when the tv shown them sat out watching with faces like smacked arses. i said we will not get tune out of them at the weekend and we lost to leeds

for me sterling jesus aguero torres and others have down tools and not happy about only playing as squad players
pep knows his onions and he can not keep everybody happy and big players are big babies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.