Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

Sorry but that is just typically deluded fan talk. Pep's decisions have nothing to do with arrogance.

He can't get every decision right, especially when perfectly reasonable decision cannot guarantee success in every game, but you can be damn sure he thinks carefully about every team selection and ways up the risks. Choosing to take certain risks whilst also avoiding other is not arrogant.

I'd venture that one of the reasons that Pep has been so incredibly successful as a manager is that arrogance is something he has no time for.
That is literally the last thing could accuse Pep of, but I have read similar suggestions about Aguero of late which says it all.

It is simple risk and reward. The risk a fatigued player, like Christensen did, gets injured potentially ruling him out of one of the biggest matches in the clubs history or the reward of increasing, not guaranteeing, three point to win the league when you have another three matches to achieve it and your opposition need to win five on the spin.

Its a no brainer really.

It was a poor performance, there's no doubting that but I do think there's a few things we need to think about.

First of all, we will beat at least one of Brighton, Newcastle or Everton. United to to hope we lose all three and they beat Leicester and Liverpool this week. The league is over, it's just a matter of when. United will not win the league. Even if the gap between us and them ends up being 3 points, we took our foot off the pedal in the last month in terms of the league. If we needed 90+ points this season we could've done it despite the poor start.

Secondly, it was important not to show our system and players to Tuchel and his players as they would then have a go at being able to crack it. The only thing they will have learn't is that Mendy is useless, Cancelo has reverted back to his useless self, Ake isn't as good as Stones, Rodri can't run a midfield on his own. I applaud Pep for not playing our strongest team and I know that's not popular. Next season, I think Chelsea will push us hard for the title - he's a superb manager.

However, all that said, I don't understand with Pep why if we are going to rotate a lot of players why they can't slip into the system we were playing, the "4-6-0". Why change it to a back 3? It just didn't work - again. What has he learnt about Ake for example? Nothing. We have no idea if he can play in the "4-6-0" after that game. What does worry me about City is that when we have an off day, the whole team has an off day. It's like they all go out determined to have bad days. Pep has this in his locker - I assume it's the ability to overthink and force a system on players they just are plainly unable to play.

I was really angry about the penalty though. That really, really pissed me off. It was arrogant to do it, but to do it so badly the keeper had time to go down and back up again was something else. I don't think we will see Aguero after that and it's no way to end his City career. I was angry, but also gutted. What a way for a legend to bow out. I don't mind a penalty being missed if it's on target and hit hard, the keeper can get lucky. Whoever is our penalty coach needs sacking. In fact, I'd even look at fining players if they don't take penalties seriously.

I've had my fill now of Mendy. He's not going to be the player he was. We should be looking at the left backs in the academy and if they aren't better than Mendy now, sell the lot. Cancelo is another one for me who can go in summer. Looked great at times this season, but he's so inconsistent and I don't like his attitude.

I was pleased to see Sterling score, I think he's a good player in bad form at the minute. If he can find his touch again before the final, he is a great player.

Overall, I'll take that loss. The CL final will be a different game when we have Dias, Stones, Walker, KdB, Silva, Foden, Fernandinho, Gundogan and Mahrez etc playing. This lot are the ones who win the big games time and time again. Tuchel will find that his midfield is overrun, there's no Mendy or Cancelo to take the piss out of every few minutes either.

Heads and chins up blues!

COME ON CITY!!!

Pep can sometimes be a bit like a crazy scientist.

No idea what goes through his mind sometimes.

It wasn't just the changes against Chelsea, that 1 man Rodri midfield in a 5-1-4

I mean wtf was that about ?

No disrespect to Rodri,if he dosent have 3 foot pass on to a team mate,it is play back every time.

It felt like Pep deliberately hung us out to dry.

Yeah i know, it is wrong to think that, but this is how bizarre it felt.

He has always had form for occasionally doing crazy stuff through his career as manager.

Great manager who mostly gets it right, but he can have crazy, crazy, moments.

It was a poor performance, there's no doubting that but I do think there's a few things we need to think about.

First of all, we will beat at least one of Brighton, Newcastle or Everton. United to to hope we lose all three and they beat Leicester and Liverpool this week. The league is over, it's just a matter of when. United will not win the league. Even if the gap between us and them ends up being 3 points, we took our foot off the pedal in the last month in terms of the league. If we needed 90+ points this season we could've done it despite the poor start.

Secondly, it was important not to show our system and players to Tuchel and his players as they would then have a go at being able to crack it. The only thing they will have learn't is that Mendy is useless, Cancelo has reverted back to his useless self, Ake isn't as good as Stones, Rodri can't run a midfield on his own. I applaud Pep for not playing our strongest team and I know that's not popular. Next season, I think Chelsea will push us hard for the title - he's a superb manager.

However, all that said, I don't understand with Pep why if we are going to rotate a lot of players why they can't slip into the system we were playing, the "4-6-0". Why change it to a back 3? It just didn't work - again. What has he learnt about Ake for example? Nothing. We have no idea if he can play in the "4-6-0" after that game. What does worry me about City is that when we have an off day, the whole team has an off day. It's like they all go out determined to have bad days. Pep has this in his locker - I assume it's the ability to overthink and force a system on players they just are plainly unable to play.

I was really angry about the penalty though. That really, really pissed me off. It was arrogant to do it, but to do it so badly the keeper had time to go down and back up again was something else. I don't think we will see Aguero after that and it's no way to end his City career. I was angry, but also gutted. What a way for a legend to bow out. I don't mind a penalty being missed if it's on target and hit hard, the keeper can get lucky. Whoever is our penalty coach needs sacking. In fact, I'd even look at fining players if they don't take penalties seriously.

I've had my fill now of Mendy. He's not going to be the player he was. We should be looking at the left backs in the academy and if they aren't better than Mendy now, sell the lot. Cancelo is another one for me who can go in summer. Looked great at times this season, but he's so inconsistent and I don't like his attitude.

I was pleased to see Sterling score, I think he's a good player in bad form at the minute. If he can find his touch again before the final, he is a great player.

Overall, I'll take that loss. The CL final will be a different game when we have Dias, Stones, Walker, KdB, Silva, Foden, Fernandinho, Gundogan and Mahrez etc playing. This lot are the ones who win the big games time and time again. Tuchel will find that his midfield is overrun, there's no Mendy or Cancelo to take the piss out of every few minutes either.

Heads and chins up blues!

COME ON CITY!!!

we are built of the old stuff us old blues and never take winning for granted
nothing is given to manchester city we have to get over the line as qucikly as possible because nobody knows what tomorrow will bring

pep knows his onions and its the squad players that are letting him down ? but i think pep will have the last laugh when the summer calls. i can see a big clean out and players that once though of being a starting player are going to get a big wake up call. sterling jesus are not strikers or good enough to call themself a striker

we know haaland is a blue and would jump at the chance of signing for us and its just about the price and dortmund and the agent ? sterling would still bring in top money around £70 million. jesus would be £30million
take aguero wages off the books. the money city have made in prize money and champions league money from last season and this season city have have a nice wedge

it would not shock me if we spent £300 million in the summer and recouped £120 million or more
pep needs a new system and 2 top strikers in a old fashion 4.4.2 would suit the premier league next season

fucking nailed it. I can take losing, having been a blue since 1980 its something I am not unfamiliar with, but and it’s a fucking big BUT to throw away the points and the chance to put down a marker and fuck up all our weekends into the bargain for what? The only player we can‘t afford to lose is Dias and he played! And finally this has given our chums in the media a good chance to sneer at us, why give the fuckers a stick to beat us with

If we win the treble that tweets gonna look like a child stomping it's feet.
I don't think he wants the treble less than you,me or any other long life citizen....

we know haaland is a blue and would jump at the chance of signing for us and its just about the price and dortmund and the agent ? sterling would still bring in top money around £70 million. jesus would be £30million
take aguero wages off the books. the money city have made in prize money and champions league money from last season and this season city have have a nice wedge

it would not shock me if we spent £300 million in the summer and recouped £120 million or more
pep needs a new system and 2 top strikers in a old fashion 4.4.2 would suit the premier league next season
I think we will move for him as well ancoats, it pretty obvious we need a top class striker and Haaland looks, from what I've seen, quite unique in world football - absolutely massive, good technique, can finish and fast. I agree we will look to move some players on and can see Sterling going if there's a decent offer (has he agreed a new contract? don't think so). Jesus will go although I think we'd get more than £30m for him. I think he is a good player on the whole just not top class. I think even a forward from the bottom 6 clubs would cost about that! :)

Title decider? United have 5 games, we have another 3.

That's eight title deciders left after yesterday lol

Chill out and see the bigger picture.
I'm perfectly chilled fella. However, I'd be even more chilled if our season aside from the CL final had effectively ended.

Why do you want the season to draw on any further than necessary? Personally, I & many others don't. :-|

I'm perfectly chilled fella. However, I'd be even more chilled if our season aside from the CL final had effectively ended.

Why do you want the season to draw on any further than necessary? Personally, I & many others don't. :-|
Be over soon don't worry.

It'll be over end of the week. The drama queen's can then change their focus to the CL final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.