Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

This thread is 220+ pages of LOL. This game will be meaningless in the end. Next month when the Euros start and we are basking in the afterglow of a treble and the club’s first UCL trophy while making fun of the rags for being 33/34th in Europe and finishing behind city in the league for the 8th year in a row and 9/10 years; nobody will remember when Pep rotated nine players and Sergio tried a panenka and we lost to Football Factory’s Finest.
I like your optimism pal. I, myself, am starting to panic

Don't let the pen cloud your judgement of Sergio's performance yesterday. He was dropping deep, looking lively and had got his superb short passing game going. Yes, one heavy touch, but that's it. He scores and everyone says he rounded off a great performance. I also thought Ake was solid - as he always is - despite the commentary lumping him in with Mendy.
The pen and heavy touch didn't cloud my judgement. I love Sergio, but he's gone. He walked off after his substitution like his leg was in a plaster cast.

As for Ake, his one strong point was a burst of speed over 5 yards, enough to get him out of trouble. That seems to have gone since his first injury.

Mendy, his best two performances in a City game were for the opposition.

Sterling, confidence absolutely shot. Hopefully a run out for England in the summer might see the real Sterling return next season.

Torres has the potential but first season syndrome catching up on him. Take him out of the side until next season.

Only 2 of yesterday's starting line up should be, and will be anywhere near the 11 for the CL final.

I was really angry about the penalty though. That really, really pissed me off. It was arrogant to do it, but to do it so badly the keeper had time to go down and back up again was something else. I don't think we will see Aguero after that and it's no way to end his City career. I was angry, but also gutted. What a way for a legend to bow out. I don't mind a penalty being missed if it's on target and hit hard, the keeper can get lucky. Whoever is our penalty coach needs sacking. In fact, I'd even look at fining players if they don't take penalties seriously.

Heads and chins up blues!

COME ON CITY!!!
30+ hours later and I am still annoyed at the penalty that Kun pissed up. Why the hell he didn't do what Bruno does week-in week-out for the rags - hammer it - I'll never understand.
We would have had TWO goals in as many minutes right on half time giving them a lot to think about at half time.

Last edited:
Cancelo has reverted to the Cancelo of last season in the last two months, shame.

Mendy continues to be a liability 'running' back to his own goal.

Dias doesn't look half the player he is on the left side of a two, considering we bought him as a right-footed centre back?

Testimony to Stones' partnership with him perhaps, but Dias looks a little more spun out playing on the right.

My biggest concern re Chelsea is the amount of hairline offside goals they have scored in the two recent games, they are really hanging on the last man and backing themselves to get the better of our fullbacks.

I'm not worried, just still angry, as the players coming in should be good enough but are letting us down with both poor performances and results.
Rodri has become terrible as well. I would take Kante any day and sell both gundogun and rodri. Kante has more energy, he's more attacking, faster on the ball and cleverer than Gundogun and Rodri combined

This thread is 220+ pages of LOL. This game will be meaningless in the end. Next month when the Euros start and we are basking in the afterglow of a treble and the club’s first UCL trophy while making fun of the rags for being 33/34th in Europe and finishing behind city in the league for the 8th year in a row and 9/10 years; nobody will remember when Pep rotated nine players and Sergio tried a panenka and we lost to Football Factory’s Finest.

Cool beans.

Next post needs to be a pic of your “2021 Champs“ tattoo.

30+ hours later and I am still annoyed at the penalty that Kun pissed up. Why the hell he didn't do what Bruno does week-in week-out for the rags - hammer it - I'll never understand.
We would have had TWO goals in as many miutes right on half time giving them a lot to think about at half time.
I’ve yet to see Fernandez hammer a penalty

Just reading the last pages since my interrogative post.
Blimey! the Rawkness in here! Wet fannies are reproducing like viruses in the once funny bluemoon.

Any chance that any of those flappers manage us in the final?

At the very least it's asumed that they won't be such ARROGANT cúnts like Pep is (I'm paraphrasing) They certainly know much better the starting XI, ergo success would be guaranteed.

BUT with either their wrists slitted, choked with their clutched pearls or drowned in the floods produced by such copious fannies, I'm afraid not one would be available by then, so Pep it is, Pep will be. Face it.

why 9 changes when we dont have a match till Friday.
Should have put a better team out and clinched the title, now with the Reds winning at Villa there is some pressure and the Champions will be 1 week nearer before we play again.
The Reds could be 4 points behind on Friday, will he put a sub standard team out at Newcastle}

Rodri has become terrible as well. I would take Kante any day and sell both gundogun and rodri. Kante has more energy, he's more attacking, faster on the ball and cleverer than Gundogun and Rodri combined

Sniff.....

If the rags vs dippers game had been played the other day we could have been champions already...
Aguero has been recovering from injury.
Pep has been very careful in managing his return to the first team.
Pep has had to keep Aguero fit and eager to play. A difficult trick to accomplish.
So now we are coming rapidly towards the end of the season, towards the C/L final.
Pep can't risk an injury to Aguero as he wants him to play a part in that final.
That is my feeling.
(Also you should consider the development of Foden as an example of Peps approach).
Foden is just starting his career not ending it .kun could get minutes in the final but it will be a cameo if needed I’m afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.