Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

I just can't see them getting near us if we play like we did in the semi's we made PSG look average. We was nowhere near our best yesterday and it could of been 2-0 at half time if we scored the penalty. We could also argue we should of had another penalty.

This. Chelsea are no where near the best side we have played this season. They have just benefited from playing us twice under very fortunate circumstances in terms of how we have approached both their games with unusual personnel and tactics and they still rode their luck in one of them.

Tuchel will have learnt absolutely zero from either encounter but Pep will have.

Last edited:
I think like many on here you overrate Tuchel. He has squeaked two narrow and fortuitous wins by a single goal against our second string

I agree I do think he's doing a good job but I think alot of fans on here listen to the bullshit media hype too much.

They was going on about how we will mentally struggle with Chelsea now in the final and they now fancy Chelsea for the final, same old shit and bollocks from the media as per....

I keep saying it and sound like a broken record but our first 11 is miles apart from the second team, the fans that are moaning about yesterday should of expected it going off what we have seen previous. I actually thought we played well yesterday considering the team sheet, doesn't really say alot about Chelsea when Leeds beat that team with 10 men.

It's not so much the miss - it's because he attempted a Panenka - not the best goal scoring penalty effort - and given that we would have won the title with a win - and given that the Panenka is seen as an insult to the opposing keeper/side - all told - I'm not happy that he attempted this.

Mendy is a very good keeper - and Chelsea are a good side. The game is in the balance. Take the best shot at goal you can. Not a stupid Panenka - unless you're somehow certain that Mendy will dive one way or the other.

That said - Aguero is one of our very best players all time - and is certainly one of my favorites - and has been loyal to our side throughout. I dislike his choice of penalty attempts - but I'm not going to cuss him because of this.
The fact he felt the need to apologise on social media tells you that he knows, as everyone else does, that he made a stupid decision and his miss cost us the game and the opportunity to wrap up the title. It was showboating and selfishness of the highest order.

When you have three more chances to win a title and it is completely in your own hands, how is that a title decider ?
You really don't know City. No real supporter of City sits back with a "meh, we'll win next time.". How was it a title decider? Because with City S#$T happens: our all time scorer attempts a PANENKA, we get denied a penalty despite VAR.
Regardless of your carefree attitude, it WAS a title decider. BTW MANure just won another one. No worries, we're City we always pull through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.