Chelsea (H) - Post-Match Thread

Chelsea Wolves. Chelsea lacked any imagination, bravery or game plan for what to do when they had the ball which is criminal when you think of the players Tuchel has at his disposal. He played with a back 5 with 2 holding midfielders & the 2 wide men were deep. Lukaku was isolated & starved of any service, they played as though they were full of fear of what we could do to them, pathetic'!!!!
As for our performance, solid, full of effort & workrate. Phil & Jack not quite at it but will forgive them as we don’t know how much they have been able to train after covid, Raheem was superb & the 8 players behind the front 3 were magnificent. The title is wrapped up now, we wont lose that many points but crucially no one is at the level to close the gap if we did drop points, feel as though now as well Liverpool & Chelsea will prioritise the Champs League so will drop more points round the knock out games,

They actually got their tactics spot on, which was to try and keep it tight and nick it later in the game with their forward subs.

The biggest problem we had for at least at an hour was Lukaku following Rodri around everywhere and blocking his passing lane when we tried to come out from the back.

Sterling was very good in the first half and while Kev will rightly take the plaudits for a magnificent goal, the running of Bernie and Walker in the second half was nothing short of incredible.

Grealish needs a big moment and he blew it when it came, but he kept working hard.

Stones was dodgy in the first half hour, but Laporte really was immense today.

I've given him stick but he was dominant in the air and positionally excellent, especially the late block from the pull back.

Would put Eric, Bernie and Walker as my picks.

As for Phil, please don't play him again in the false nine, everything he touched turned to shit today. Poor by his high standards.
I thought 2nd half Rodri was best player on the pitch but overall Sterling & Laporte for me, don't think Laporte lost 1 header awsome

Nice to also have Walker back fit & Stones grew into the game again how good is Pep leaving Duas on the bench as a wake up to everyone that no matter who you are you will take your turn on the bench

In all seriousness, I have never met a single Chelsea fan who hates City. Annoyance? Yes. Dislike? Probably yes. But outright hatred? Not really. We don't consider you our rivals. Most of us prefer you lot winning the league, if its not us.

Are some elements of our fanbase going to rub the CL final in your faces when we play each other? That's a given and an expected part of football fandom. I mean both of our fanbases still get the very boring and totally original 'where were you when you were shit' chanted at us at every away ground. Liverpool fans have song their 'fuck off Chelsea FC you ain't got no history' song at us every game we've played for nearly 20 years. Fans will be fans and I'm certain if roles were reversed, we'd get it in the neck from elements within your fanbase. It is what it is.

As for the last point, you know very well we're not talking about the cup winners cup here :)
I don't know why but I have no hatred towards Chelsea. Arsenal and Spurs i despise with a passion. West Ham I love them to bits. Chelsea I don't have a problem with apart from when we clash. We both have found out how vile Liverpool fans are (i hate them as much as United and that says something) , I find Chelsea similar to ourselves, both been in the doldrums (more so City) both clubs touched lucky with our owners and both clubs get under the skin of both United and Liverpool. If City don't win the league, I have no problem with Chelsea winning it, if it stops Liverpool. Although it will take some shifting to knock us off our perch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.