Chelsea (H) - Post-Match Thread

We were poor that day. Poor all over the pitch, too. Kev was poor until the bodily assault by Rudiger, but nobody notices that. Not sure he would have changed it. They contained us, then hit us on the counter. That's been done over and over by teams in the last few years. They weren't great, but they did what they had to do. It was up to us, but we didn't deliver. The players recognised it after the fact.
The team selection was wrong and to not have a natural defensive midfield player playing was suicidal.

Yes but KDB would have known mendy was in net so would have adjustable his curl by 4 inches to still score.
The modern day Chelsea fan really is embarrassing.
I actually think another keeper might have saved it. Still a fantastic goal. It would have been a fantastic save.

doesn’t mean they would have deserved a draw though

I actually think another keeper might have saved it. Still a fantastic goal. It would have been a fantastic save.

doesn’t mean they would have deserved a draw though
The keeper actually takes a step to his right and loses some spring to dive quicker to his left so yes another keeper might have saved it BUT you could say that about 70% of goals I bet.
Those that go between the keepers legs for example are the ones that everyone says are great finishes when the reality are it was a bad shot that caught the keeper out.

We were poor that day. Poor all over the pitch, too. Kev was poor until the bodily assault by Rudiger, but nobody notices that. Not sure he would have changed it. They contained us, then hit us on the counter. That's been done over and over by teams in the last few years. They weren't great, but they did what they had to do. It was up to us, but we didn't deliver. The players recognised it after the fact.
Without wanting to keep going back to the painful memory, Pep's thinking still makes sense to me and ultimately the whole team wilted under the occasion regardless of the DM or lack thereof. It is what it is, just wish we didn't have that question mark hanging over it. But same can be said for yesterday: 2/10 yesterday would have been a draw and 2/10 they might have won even though I thought we were clearly the better team. Football at this level against two teams of similar financial strength are going to be decided on the finest of fine margins.

Old Macdonald had a league ee-aye-ee-aye-oh.
And in that league he had rags, dippers and chavs, ee-aye-ee-aye-oh.
With a moan, moan here and a whinge, whinge there,
Diving, diving every fucking where.
Old Macdonald had a league ee-aye-ee-aye-oh.

Not bad, not bad at all. Needs working on, though. Second line doesn't scan. You can have dippers and rags, or dippers and chavs, or chavs and rags, but not all three (I much prefer dippers to figure in all versions…)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.