Chelsea (H) - Sat 15th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to know whether City have been training since the Cup game, and who is available for the weekend.

I am hoping that Spurs give Chelsea a good game tomorrow night. Spurs were useless in the 1st leg. We could do with Spurs getting an early goal so that Chelsea can't stroll around and take it easy.
It is eerily quiet - unusual to see no 'training' footage by his stage of the week - I suspect they'll deliberately lock down any injury, fitness or Covid communications until Friday - keep Chelsea guessing + I suspect there's probably a lot of uncertainty regarding likely availability.

Chelsea got Kante and thiago silva back. Both on their bench tonight imagine saving them for Saturday. COVID could be the difference maker in this match they are almost at full strength.

You may be right. I hope we'll have Stones available and in top form. But we may be underestimating our defensive record with Laporte. We have conceded 13 goals in 21 league games. That's excellent! Before Leicester, we had conceded 9 goals in 18 league games. That's outstanding. We conceded 3 goals vs Leicester because we were 4 goals up and stopped to play (and also because we didn't have Rodri and Walker).

Now imagine that we had Stones (2 starts) instead of Laporte (17 starts). You say we look "a lot more solid" with Stones and Dias. Would you translate that in numbers? We had conceded 9 goals in 18 games prior to Leicester. How many would we have conceded with Stones and Dias? 3 goals? 5 goals? 7 goals?

IMO, it's a myth we are "a lot more solid" with Stones and Dias. It depends on their form. Dias was a world beater last season, but played too many minutes and lost a bit of form (both with us and Portugal). Both Stones and Dias were poor in the CL final, especially Stones who was all over the place. And now people want us to believe Stones is the key to winning the CL? They may be right! But I think the consensus is a bit premature. Time will tell. The most important thing now is that Stones regains form and stays fit for more than 3-4 games.
Laporte is not a bad player at all, however he has flaws which I have commented on previously eg flat footed and struggles against pace. Both Zaha and Antonio in the League game at our place had the better of him. I just think Stones is a better defender and both Stones and Dias compliment each other and imo they are better cb pairing.

Spurs letting us down in this League cup semi. Chelsea look to be through their bad run.

On paper, CFC look weak in the full back positions but THFC are not able to expose them.

Spurs letting us down in this League cup semi. Chelsea look to be through their bad run.

On paper, CFC look weak in the full back positions but THFC are not able to expose them.
Hardly surprising when spurs have even worse full backs themselves

Thank fuck we are a better team, with better players and a better, saner manager
We don’t know who is available or who is match fit etc. Don’t even know if pep is back taking the training. So not really sure what your point is? Yes we have the better squad and manager but we don’t know if either are available for Saturday not to mention many players haven’t trained for a week

I think Sarr is a good player. Very fast and physical and seems pretty competent on the ball. I can see Tuchel sticking with him over Alonso vs us.

We don’t know who is available or who is match fit etc. Don’t even know if pep is back taking the training. So not really sure what your point is? Yes we have the better squad and manager but we don’t know if either are available for Saturday not to mention many players haven’t trained for a week
Yeah so you said. As I said we have better players, a better manager, and best of all a manager who hasn’t whinged his way into meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.