Chelsea (H) - Sun 8th Jan, 16:30 - FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dont draw please City. We don't need another game with our schedule.

Hopefully we can get the win and get a more favourable draw in R4. Would be nice to see Palmer and Phillips start this one.

Actually wouldn't be disappointed to lose either. Its not like we can take this Cup serious in the latter stages if we want to win the PL / UCL. I think we have seen that with our line ups in the semis. Fa Cup has very little value these days anyway let's be honest.

Looking forward to this one as I don't feel the pressure from the last match - as I said I think a draw is the only bad result for us today.

Actually wouldn't be disappointed to lose either. Its not like we can take this Cup serious in the latter stages if we want to win the PL / UCL. I think we have seen that with our line ups in the semis. Fa Cup has very little value these days anyway let's be honest.
Before 2011 most blues who attend games would have crawled to Wembley over broken glass littered with dogshit. I like that Pep wants to win every trophy on offer, so do i.

With our upcoming fixtures being:
Chelsea (FAC)
Southampton (CC)
United (PL)
Spurs (PL)
I think the best time to rest some players and give minutes to the ones thats been "out of favor" recently is against Southampton. We should with other words start with more or less the same team we want starting in the derby next week. What players that should be included in that team at the moment is difficult to say.

I really, really like Lewis and think he should be starting a lot going forward, but since Uniteds main attacking threat is Rashfords speed Walker has to play that game. Pep likes to have one FB playing inverted as a holding mid in possession and the other one to play as a CB (in possession). Thats why I see our FBs as two pairs at the moment (Lewis & Ake or Walker & Cancelo). Lewis & Cancelo or Walker & Ake doesnt really work unless we change our way of playing since they are both attacking or both defensive.

Since I'm leaning towards Walker & Cancelo being my FB pairing of choice that gives us Akanji, Ake & Stones as options at CB when Laporte & Dias is out. My preferred pairing would be Stones & Ake, but Akanji could start on Akes place if needed.

In midfield we should go for strongest possible, which in my mind is Bernardo-Rodri-KDB.

In attack its a bit tricky, with Foden seemingly out of favor at the moment. I would go with Grealish-Haaland-Mahrez today, the wingers came on and got the win the last game and that is something that should get rewarded in a tough competition for starting spots. Foden will get his spot back eventually and gets another chance to earn his starting spot in the derby when he starts against Southampton.

My team:
Ortega
Walker-Stones-Ake-Cancelo
KDB-Rodri-Bernardo
Mahrez-Haaland-Grealish

I expect Pep to have a completely different team however since I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.