Chelsea (H) - Sun 8th Jan, 16:30 - FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez we could end up playing Chelsea again if it's a replay.
If we get them in the chanps league that would be SEVEN games against them.

I will start Grealish and Foden on the wings this weekend. And rest them midweek against Southhampton. Then start them in the derby at the weekend. Mahrez usually plays very well from the bench. I will use him & Alvarez as super sub if needed in the Derby.

Not sure I can be bothered with the FA Cup this year. Instead of going out limply in the Semi-final after putting out a heavily rotated side, it might make more sense to do that now. Saves us games further down the line and saves the fans a fair bit of ticket money.
I find it a bit sad reading thoughts like yours regarding the FA cup.
Many clubs fans would give anything for a chance to enjoy winning it, but it seems some of ours are taking our success for granted as if it will last for ever.
The FA is the oldest cup competition in the world and I'd like our team to try their best to win it, along with every competition they enter.
These days we have a team that has a chance of winning trophies and we should make the most of it.
As I've mentioned it won't last forever.

Ortega, Lewis, Phillips, Palmer, gomez and alvarez all to get starts then fill the gaps according to fitness. Carabao takes priority given we're in the quarters and have knocked out Chelsea and Liverpool already so expect the likes of kdb and Haaland to get a rest.

Looking at their bench yesterday, they'll probably have a very youthful side out with some first teamers scattered in but they'll be very keen to put in a shift and avoid a third loss to us this season so we cannot take them lightly.

Expecting an open game.

Turns out the DRAW for the fourth round will be done in the build up to this game on BBC at around 4:05pm so around 15-20 minutes before our game kicks off. Knowing who we've got in R4 of this cup, should we go through (which has it's own weekend slot already in place) ... not sure which way that plays in players or fans heads of both sides!?

Would rather get knocked out than draw.. I think. Would not be ideal having a mid week replay away at the bridge. "Can we play you every week". Certainly feels like it!

I find it a bit sad reading thoughts like yours regarding the FA cup.
Many clubs fans would give anything for a chance to enjoy winning it, but it seems some of ours are taking our success for granted as if it will last for ever.
The FA is the oldest cup competition in the world and I'd like our team to try their best to win it, along with every competition they enter.
These days we have a team that has a chance of winning trophies and we should make the most of it.
As I've mentioned it won't last forever.
I think you have read his post completely wrong.

Last few seasons we have done well in the cups and then get to the semi finals and Pep whether right or wrong puts out a weak team and we get beat, this pisses off fans spending hundreds to get to Wembley. The semi final is in the middle of a huge run of fixtures also.

Pep isn't going to play to lose but a weakened team this weekend could see us out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.