Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

for once we robbed a victory.
I don't think we robbed it, we were not great and could have lost, but we created a bit as well and had a bit more possession and were looking better than them when Doku was on.
The only game I've seen this season that I'd have said we robbed it had we won was the first Villa game.

The importance of that match lies not just in getting to the final. I sincerely believe that playing that match that way, suffering, going through hell, playing as if running through treacle (we were unrecognisable at times) and still winning it will give us the boost we need to get over the line in the league. In terms of morale, it's simply huge for what remains of the season.

My hats off to you, lads. You can't always play the beautiful game. You were awful today. But it was The Triumph of the Will, as Leni Riefenstahl once put it.

You won. That's all the history books will remember. Onwards…

I was just thinking that our team was pretty burned out.

Then in comes Burnardoooo!

Hoping for an all blue final. Stretford might as well forfeit it tomorow.

Get In!

GLoM_3uXsAA15Qr

IMG-20240420-WA0017.jpg

Deserved Justice!

Just WOW! Considering we were rinsed dry only three days ago & the Chavs had a week off, I can't express how shocked & honoured I am that our boys put on such a Herculean performance for themselves & our fans.

I've no idea what match the BBC were watching, but the way Jermaine Jenas & the commentator were babbling on, you'd think the Chavs were brutally stiffing us up hill & down Dale without the decency of using super lube!

I thought we controlled the match in the main, but credit to the Chavs, they created several gilt edged chances, but continuously fluffed their lines around our penalty box, as did we around theirs.

I thought every player deserved credit today. It wasn't vintage KDB, but the physical effort he put in & the raw emotion he showed were immense.

IMG-20240420-WA0015.jpg

We got through to half time leading in every stat apart from shots on target, but you wouldn't have thought so judging by Linekar, Lampard & Shearer. I felt like the whole football fraternity wanted to see a miserable end to a miserable week for us.

Chelsea came out all guns blazing after the break, but after a helter skelter first 8 minutes, we got a grip of the game again & resumed control, albeit the Chavs kept hitting us on the break.

Grealish was superb & got better & more effective & influential as the game wore on, & he didn’t deserve to be removed, however, for the second time in two games, Doku came on & created havoc for the opposition defence.

Jeremie was involved in the build-up which setup KDB to cross, which was cruelly deflected to a waiting Bernardo who despatched his shot with clinical accuracy on 84 minutes.

IMG-20240420-WA0016.jpg

The Chavs gave it everything to get an equaliser, but we went into game management for the remaining 8 minutes of added time & managed to see the game out for a positive outcome for City.

The football World were against us & all rooting for the Chavs, so fuck the lot of them. We persevered, did what we needed to do against all odds & now just have our Premier League games & an FA Cup final left.

IMG-20240420-WA0018.jpg

It's blatantly evident everyone wanted us to lose today, so let's do this for ourselves, Pep & the boys. Finally, credit to Pep & his coaching staff for preparing the lads & getting them over the physical & emotional disappointment of the penalty shootout defeat to Real.

CITYYYYY!!!!

But the problem is he’ll get called out for it when he’s correct the bias from the hacks and social media will go into overdrive but pep isn’t just talking about City that could have been any other club playing Wednesday night after ET and pens then Saturday ..
Yeah mate the FA ignore the chance to give us an extra day rest but are happy to get rid of FA cup replays next season - especially if Oldham or Macclesfield get lucrative replays at PL clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.