Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

After the penalty given in the final vs the rags last season, I was convinced that they would have given the one yesterday.

It only emphasises further still what an absolute bent decision that was in the final and how, if you are either the rags or liverpool, those are given for you.

On the way home and that was a fantastic performance given lack of preparation time. As Pep said how did we win that with where we were fitness wise, but the guys fight to the end. Coming back down Wembley way Chelsea fans changed their song to ‘Won it two times, the words don’t even fit. Serenading us all. Immediate response of ‘Have you ever won a treble’ made me smile, but it shut them up.

We rode our luck today , some great goalkeeping and character and courage got us through , KDB was the epitome of the team , 97th minute and he is chasing the ball into the corner flag , maybe his 6 month lay off is now paying dividends. He looks hungry and could be the man to carry us to another couple of trophies , we had better make room for another statue.
The last 2 games he's ran his bollocks off !!

After the penalty given in the final vs the rags last season, I was convinced that they would have given the one yesterday.

It only emphasises further still what an absolute bent decision that was in the final and how, if you are either the rags or liverpool, those are given for you.
They couldn't bloody wait to give that pen v the rags in the final, and it was a knocking bet they were going to be awarded one in some fashion or another.

He wasn't honestly very savvy when he arrived. Explosive pace, but not much of a footballing brain. There are signs that he's learning in that department (as how could you not, with the best tutor in the world?) although still has a bit of a tendency to pick out the wrong player, or not pick out a player at all when he should. I'm absolutely certain that he will be even better next season. As will Josko Gvardiol.
Not sure about Kova (who's a good player, but probably too old to improve much) and I think the jury's out on Matheus Nunes who, unless I'm mistaken, has not played a full league game for us yet, so it's pretty unfair to just say “Get rid” as some are doing.

Oh, and maybe Mr Whippy to come back in the summer? ;-)

I’ve been tough on him & think he’s been outstanding this 2-3 games. Within 10 mins of him getting on the fullbacks are down with the physio on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.