Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

I thought it was a decent game which was characterised by some profligate finishing, hence why the commentators kept making out it was a poor match.

What got me more than anything was our energy levels. No one showed signs of weariness which was incredible after Wednesday's extra time exploits.

Guardiola, his players & our coaching & management staff are just on another level.

To save everyone else Google’n it, profligate = shit

He wasn't honestly very savvy when he arrived. Explosive pace, but not much of a footballing brain. There are signs that he's learning in that department (as how could you not, with the best tutor in the world?) although still has a bit of a tendency to pick out the wrong player, or not pick out a player at all when he should. I'm absolutely certain that he will be even better next season. As will Josko Gvardiol.
Not sure about Kova (who's a good player, but probably too old to improve much) and I think the jury's out on Matheus Nunes who, unless I'm mistaken, has not played a full league game for us yet, so it's pretty unfair to just say “Get rid” as some are doing.

Oh, and maybe Mr Whippy to come back in the summer? ;-)

Just said on the Doku thread that I think his decision making is improving. Bears repeating that he is 21 and so has huge scope for improvement.

Kova can still improve too. Pep and his staff are big believers that older players can keep improving.

We have her to thank for ruining his form lol.

For those without X … this is what you’re missing
c86ae03ccc3374217366993998d08e42.jpg

I thought it was a decent game which was characterised by some profligate finishing, hence why the commentators kept making out it was a poor match.

What got me more than anything was our energy levels. No one showed signs of weariness which was incredible after Wednesday's extra time exploits.

Guardiola, his players & our coaching & management staff are just on another level.

I thought it was what used to be referred to as a proper cup-tie. I somehow always felt we would prevail so enjoyed the game and being at Wembley again.

Got home and watched the TV coverage and thought we had played even better than I thought at the game. Obviously our profligacy was frustrating and the fact we let them have several good opportunities in transition but given the tiredness of the players, it’s not entirely surprising; plus the way they set-up is one of the best ways to try and get something off City, as we saw in the league games.

What really impressed is how our knackered players managed to work so hard and finish the game more strongly. The determination to win it in 90 mins was extraordinary.

Can't stand those penalties. Bung it in the corner and if the keeper saves it then fair do's

However, Bernardo is one of my favourites alongside Ederson so he gets a pass from me.

Franny Lee, one of our best ever penalty takers had it right. Pick your corner, never change your mind and hit it as hard as you can was his advice.

I thought it was what used to be referred to as a proper cup-tie. I somehow always felt we would prevail so enjoyed the game and being at Wembley again.

Got home and watched the TV coverage and thought we had played even better than I thought at the game. Obviously our profligacy was frustrating and the fact we let them have several good opportunities in transition but given the tiredness of the players, it’s not entirely surprising; plus the way they set-up is one of the best ways to try and get something off City, as we saw in the league games.

What really impressed is how our knackered players managed to work so hard and finish the game more strongly. The determination to win it in 90 mins was extraordinary.
Agreed 100%. It was a display of Champions. Now the lads have nearly a week to rest & recuperate. With only the league & a cup final in front of us, my hope is this will now benefit our squad which is weaker for the absence of Gundog & Mahrez, the loss of form form Haaland & the injuries to KDB, Stones & Jack.

It's also great to see the real Jack back too. He's made a huge impression over the last two games, & I hope it continues until the final kick of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.