Chelsea or City?

We both had brilliant seasons for different reasons. Chelsea would have taken the Champs League over the league and we'd have taken the league over the CL. Everyone is a winner.

i honestly have to say us we did it over a whole season and as most if not all of you know its one of if not the hardest leagues in Europe to win.

Chelsea gambled on a cup competition all though agreed it was the best cup competition around Europe if they failed to win it could have gone wrong on so many levels for them!

smeghead64 said:
r u on the right site.....
Carver said:
Neither,, the rags did, they showed everyone how to do it and taught the world a footballing lesson by winning the first trophy of the season.

Pffffffffffft!
Are you good at picking up sarcasm?

SWP's back said:
smeghead64 said:
r u on the right site.....
Carver said:
Neither,, the rags did, they showed everyone how to do it and taught the world a footballing lesson by winning the first trophy of the season.

Pffffffffffft!
Are you good at picking up sarcasm?

Ric really needs to get a move on getting those 'sarcastometers' fitted. I've had to explain myself three times in the last 48 hours.

(This post is not sarcastic btw)

SWP's back said:
I think you are being disingenuous in the extreme by including the European dominance of clubs in the old format. The old European Cup, with only the national champions progressing is nothing like the CL as well you know so you can leave them out straight away.

Liverpool winning (5th) and Chelsea (6th) just goes to prove that a CL win does not equate to a great team. Domestic dominance over a decade however, does.

And I don't know I chelsea fan that wouldn't agree (nevermind sully their acheivement) that they benefitted from huge slices of luck against Napoli, Barca and Bayern.
When do we start checking then? I've already done the past ten winners for you, six Champions the same year, one the following year.

It remains the only way to test Europe's clubs against each other and though not as consistent as a league, being consistently strong in the competition shows that you are amongst the very best in the world. A team like Barcelona has been the best in the world since 2005/6 and it has three Champions League wins to demonstrate that.

Winning it once doesn't show domestic dominance, and domestic dominance is pretty irrelevant if you then get tanned in Europe. Winning it consistently and then consistently performing well against the best from elsewhere in Europe shows you're great.

Sad times for football.

Chelsea bought the Champions League
Manchester City bought the Premier League &
Liverpool bought the Carling Cup ;)

Dribble said:
I hate to say this, but what we & Chelsea have achieved brings into perspective the difficulty & the magnitude of completing a treble....

Damn, I fuckin hate those Rags!!!! :-(

I dunno mate, When Manchester United won the treble, you have to ask was the Premier League as competitive as it is now? A treble in this environment will be such an achievement

Chelsea have imploded every season since Mourinho has left, that's why we've had so many managers and we've still managed to win a Premier League & finish neck & neck with them on other occasions.

City are not likely to go through that instability as they have their right man in place, which for me means you lot strengthening, means United really need to get it in gear..

& Chelsea need to find some stability, but, thank God for FFP (says the Chelsea fan ; )

Credit to Chelsea, but they must have used up their next 3 seasons luck to win the Champions League, incredible! That said, they have been unlucky in the past, most particularly when Terry missed the penalty against the Rags.

I think winning the Premier League is still the trophy to win, although obviously I want Ciyy to be challenging for the CL sometime soon.

Yorksblue61 said:
Credit to Chelsea, but they must have used up their next 3 seasons luck to win the Champions League, incredible! That said, they have been unlucky in the past, most particularly when Terry missed the penalty against the Rags.

I think winning the Premier League is still the trophy to win, although obviously I want Ciyy to be challenging for the CL sometime soon.
next season mate, i reckon we will give it a right go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.