Chelsea or City?

You can get lucky in cup competitions as Chelsea have proved this season, but to win the league is a much harder task.
Chelsea finishing 25pts behind us says it all really.

Both had great seasons for different reasons, i might be wrong but i get the feeling that now the Russian has got his holy grail i can't see him ploughing the money in he did before & his interest might very well tail off......for us though it's only the start.

Winning the league is the greatest achievement in the game imho. However Chelsea did win 2 major trophies so...

Maybe the Community shield can be the decider, ha!

The measure of a teams season is how they have faired in the league.
That is what all teams set out to do every season. The cups are the side show and alternative revenue streams.
The mere fact that Chelsea have only qualified for the champions league next year because they are the current holders speaks volumes. For a club to have consistently been in the top 4 for the past decade to finish 6th proves what a poor season they have really had.
As for City, to finish the season as the champions of the toughest league in the world after going head to head with their fiercest rivals and after so many years of under achievement its the ultimate prize.

Dribble said:
I hate to say this, but what we & Chelsea have achieved brings into perspective the difficulty & the magnitude of completing a treble....

Damn, I fuckin hate those Rags!!!! :-(
Hating rags, that I agree on.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Yesterday didn't represent a seismic shift in the tectonic plates of football.

Last Sunday did.

Yer right G. I've always said re cup competitions yer only need to play well once and it needn't be the final. Our FA Cup last season was memorable for two things - we stuffed MANUre in the Semi and then won the thing. Can't remember any memorable elements of the journey to Wembers other than those two things. Dzeko's equalizer at Notts County? OK. But CFC have won the CL and are nowhere near the best team in the comp. They had a fantastic match v Napoli at the Bridge but they have grabbed the prize of CL footy next year via the back door. The quality of their football this season has been well below CL standard and it was no surprise to most that they only got the points in the PL they ended up with. They also had the lion's share of the luck in games, TWICE! Messi and Robben missing penalties in a Semi and Final. Who had money on those two, or did Fred payout before the group stages that they would miss the two pens?

League titles come miles before any cup competition.

Both team achieved their objectives but City were the better team throughout the season.

Even though Chelsea had more luck than City, you can't ignore them winning two trophies this season, especially when one of them is the Champions League. The Premier League (or any domestic League) may be harder because it's a marathon but the CL is still the most coveted, like it or not.

Ming Hai Wang said:
Chelsea beat a poor Liverpool team in FA cup and were lucky to beat Barcelona and Bayern so City must be better season
There's no such thing as luck. There's no such thing as fate, destiny or magic neither. Putting circumstances and incidents down to these things shows a distinct lack of touch with the real world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.