Chelsea or City?

Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Yesterday didn't represent a seismic shift in the tectonic plates of football.

Last Sunday did.
Is a good point too. The Champions League trophy is the one we need to win though. It's the ultimate goal, and your argument aside - and I appreciate its validity, surely on a trophy-for-trophy basis we'd swap league titles for Champions League titles. It's the harder trophy to win. There's no club, I think I'm right in saying, who've won more Champions Leagues than national titles. Slur Taggart has had eighteen attempts at the Champions League and won it twice, and twenty attempts at the Premier League and won it twelve times.

*edit*
Notts Forest, apparently have, I thought they'd won three titles.

The CL is harder to win than the premier league????!!!!!

The CL has just been contested by the second best team in Germany and the sixth best in England. Neither entered the competition as reigning champions of their own country. With it being 'cup' based it's open to the best/most deserving team not always winning. You can avoid better teams depending on how the draw pans out.

The prem rolls over 38 games, you play everyone twice. There is none of this 'two legs' and 'away goals' bollocks. It's miles harder to come out as top dog under those circumstances than under CL circumstances.

And to top it off City slapped both Bayern and Chelsea at home this season.

I felt slightly jealous of Chelseas acheivement last night, particularly as they undid our group winners Bayern.

However, you couldn't beat the euphoria of last Sunday.

Also if we'd won the Champions League and had to wait 45 years to lift the Prem I'd feel we'd not acheived our potential this year.

But both clubs have done extremely well this year and no doubt will be slogging it out for both trophies next year.

theperfect10 said:
I felt slightly jealous of Chelseas acheivement last night, particularly as they undid our group winners Bayern.

However, you couldn't beat the euphoria of last Sunday.

Also if we'd won the Champions League and had to wait 45 years to lift the Prem I'd feel we'd not acheived our potential this year.

But both clubs have done extremely well this year and no doubt will be slogging it out for both trophies next year.
I agree, the prem could be the most contested ever next year.

Andouble said:
Chelsea had the better season at the end of the day but it doesn't take anything away from us. People crying that they've stolen our thunder needs to give themselves a slap as they're sounding like spoiled rags.

Well said although what Paul chappo wrote was also spot on. Both clubs had great seasons under difficult circumstances.

Stoned Rose said:
The prem rolls over 38 games, you play everyone twice. There is none of this 'two legs' and 'away goals' bollocks.
Some can call bollocks on winning the title on goal difference as well. Do you care?

This is not a serious question surely?

Chelsea have had a disastrous league campaign and finished 6th -
25 points behind the eventual winners..... Manchester City
who were the most consistent team over a long hard season of
38 games in the hardest league in the world.

The fact that they won the Fa cup and European Champions league,
which I applaud them for by the way, masks what a poor season
they have really had.

Dakovich said:

they have really had.
Of course it's a serious question. Chelsea sacrificed many points to win their trophies so their league position is a stupid argument and has know bearing on FA cup or Europe.<br /><br />-- Sun May 20, 2012 2:38 pm --<br /><br />
Dakovich said:

they have really had.
Just read your post again. A poor season is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.