Chelsea Pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't all fat people, fat in the middle?
Mfw+looking+into+a+carnival+mirror+click+nice_77544e_5249911.gif

hart

zabba
ota
mangala
clichy

nando
dinho
yaya

navas
aguero
kdb

1-0 win and we break the hodoo of bridge

Because that's what happens when you incorporate Yaya into this team. It's the same problem Pellegrini has had all season.

Yaya isn't good enough in a 2 man midfield against opposition who will have a fair share of the ball, hence he's played in a 3 - however this means he pushes Silva/KdB out wide as Yaya will be central.

Option 1: 2 man midfield with Yaya = horribly exposed CB's, but places our attacking players in their favoured positions.
Option 2: Yaya in a 3, displacing our best AM's out wide. More solid defensively but weaker & loss of width up top.
Option 3: don't play Yaya & lose some control in midfield but have everyone in favoured positions.

For me in these sorts of games (disregarding fitness issues) I'd still opt for option 3 as we did against PSG - Yaya from the bench if needed. And in games where we're stronger favourites I'd opt for option 1 - hoping the benefits of extra creativity outweigh the defensive issues.
Either drop Yaya ( which I think he will do) or go with option 4: Fernandihno as a tucked in right mid. Yaya in a middle 2 with Fernando/Delph. We'll be solid in the middle and still have DeBryune where he is most effective.

By the way, I think option 4 gives us our best 11 too.

I have a feeling that Kolarov & Pablo will come in & Yaya will replace Fernando . I can understand the straight swap of Nasri for Silva, but I would be worried that the same old problems of this season will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.