Chelsea Pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we sold out for this game?

I doubt it - even though I am going I got a txt yesterday saying tickets still available on line till 2pm yesterday .. Would be interested to know how many we have shifted - suppose we will find out at 5:30pm. Similarly - Newcastle. Suspect not many of us up their either - similar to Sunderland twice mid week I suspect.

Either drop Yaya ( which I think he will do) or go with option 4: Fernandihno as a tucked in right mid. Yaya in a middle 2 with Fernando/Delph. We'll be solid in the middle and still have DeBryune where he is most effective.

By the way, I think option 4 gives us our best 11 too.
With Yaya having so much less game time than Dinho/Nando of late I'd expect he'll start - like I said though I would have him from the bench.

Your original complaint was playing one of our best performers out of position, yet your solution is to play our actual best (IMO) performer out of position. Yes Dinho can do a job in that position, but I'd argue you lose more having Dinho out wide than having KdB out wide - Navas is easily our best forward in terms of defensive capability, whilst Dinho would help out a bit more centrally I don't see it being a huge increase in terms of defensive benefit & you lose the width that Navas provides (& he's the only player in our team who really does that).

So for me option 3 in my list still takes my vote.

here's what I would do....

Chelsea tomorrow:

----------------1-----------------
----5-----20------30------22--
------------------6--------------
----------25---------------------
---------------42----------------
-----8----------------17--------
---------------16----------------

Rest Silva and Navas, don't rush back Kompany. Only play Komp if the Oat Man or Mangala get injured. Yaya should be fresh and Fabregas isn't exactly an engine, plus the Bash Bros (Fernandinho+Fernando) will be behind him and shielding the back 4. We should be able to get away with playing Yaya in this one. He usually plays well against Chelsea also. I'd almost go as far as to bet on him scoring.

SUBS (assuming we're winning 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-1, 3-2 etc):

-Navas on for KDB: keep KDB fresh

-Nacho/Bony (preferably Nacho) for Kun: keep Kun fresh

-Kolarov for Yaya: Obviously changing the formation and Kolarov playing as LM/LWB to close out the match. Not 100% sure Yaya can go 90.

Newcastle on Tuesday:

----------------1------------------
----3-----4*-------30------11---
------------18---------------------
--15------------21------8--------

--------------17-------------------
---------------72------------------

Rest Kun for Stoke on Sunday, if we need a goal bring him on. I put Nacho as the ST, but it'll probably be Bony. Rotate the fullbacks, Zab and Kolarov are more than capable. Play Silva. Bring back Sterling off the bench. Kompany's return will be a huge factor in this match, I chose to play him against Newcastle instead of Chelsea because I think easing him back is the best way to handle him and his precious calf. I know this is a very attacking formation without either of the Bash Bros, so I don't think it'll actually happen (Pell almost always plays one of the Fern Bros.) but a 4411/442 with Nacho and KDB/Sterling playing up front, with Navas, Silva, Nasri and Delph behind them I think we could put 5 past Rafa's Newcastle. For squad rotation purposes, it'd be nice if we had one more defensive minded central midfield player. Or if Yaya defended like he used to, wouldn't that be nice.

Hopefully Pell can have a little chat with Benitez about Madrid, and how to beat them. Amazing how far Rafa has fallen in the span of 7-8 months. From managing the biggest club in the world, to managing a Newcastle team who are fighting for their lives and will likely be relegated.

SUBS (assuming we're winning):

Sterling* for KDB: Get Raheem back in there and get him match fit. Keep KDB fresh.

Clichy for Delph (Kolarov moving to midfield, Clichy to LB)
Bony for Nacho : Late sub, Nacho gets a standing ovation for his 2 goals and he walks off slowly wasting 45 seconds.

* = return from injury

I think Navas should start against Chelsea, he's playing well, fit and fulfils defensive duties. An unsung hero for City in recent games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.