Chelsea Pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a great result last night it's back to the grind in the league.

With United essentially getting a free 3 points (villa at home) it's vital we pick up something from the game.

Chelsea will be without Terry and Zouma, with Matic, Willian, Cahill and Hazard all being doubts for the game.

Hopefully Vinnie will be back for us, so Sterling should be the only casualty.

All that being said we should be going after all 3 points. We will be on a high after last nights game whilst Chelsea are all but finished for the season.

We also have the privilege of rotating a few key players.

..........................Hart........................

Zab....Kompany..Otamendi....Clichy

........Fernandinho...Fernando...........

.......Kdb...........Yaya..........Nasri.......

.......................Aguero........................

Was toying with starting Delph as Fernando has played a lot of minutes recently. However I think his relationship with Fernandinho is blossoming and it would be foolish to break them up. The other calls would probably be Kolarov for Clichy seeing as he didn't play v PSG however I think Clichy offers a more solid option defensively. Then finally maybe Navas to start as he would protect the full back more than either KDB or Nasri.

Another big match for Manuel. A lot of tough decisions. However with the amount of quality to choose from we cant go too far wrong (,unless he picks Bony)

Head = 1-1

Heart = 1-2 city
I think Kun badly needs a rest. I know the prospect of Bony up front is not an exciting one and Peller won't go with Nacho but for how much longer can Aguero run himself into the ground. Game next week too against bar codes remember.

is it possible Newcastle could mathematically be relegated by the time we play them next week? If so that would be the game to do the rotation.

Don't think Newcastle can technically be relegated for a while yet, with the way the fixtures fall.

Anyone know what Chelsea's injury situation will be like? Who will be missing/returning?

Obviously Yaya will come back in, and I imagine Delph will be rotated in for one of Fernando and Fernandinho. Fernando was not rested v West Brom, but Fernandinho was. So maybe he'll go with Delph, Fernandinho and Yaya as a 3? Then Nasri in for Silva. Starting to get a few options back now.

Hart
Zabba, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov
Fernandinho, Delph
DeBruyne, Yaya, Nasri
Aguero

Give Silva's ankle a rest

De Bruyne looked and also said that he felt really exhausted after yesterday's match, I think he and Silva should only be on the bench. Yaya and Nasri should be able to get the job done.

Need to rest Serg soon, surely. Last thing we want is the usual Aguero injury before a big European game. Fuck Bony off, and have more faith in Iheanacho. Otherwise Aguero is going to start every game and run himself into the ground.

If we replace navas and silva with yaya and nasri we'll win
The problem with playing Toure is he cant do 90 mins cant track back because the legs have gone. I only see him as a 20 minute impact player but that wont matter much after this season because he will be somewhere else. He has been fantastic for us but like many others age has caught up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.