Chelsea Pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a great result last night it's back to the grind in the league.

With United essentially getting a free 3 points (villa at home) it's vital we pick up something from the game.

Chelsea will be without Terry and Zouma, with Matic, Willian, Cahill and Hazard all being doubts for the game.

Hopefully Vinnie will be back for us, so Sterling should be the only casualty.

All that being said we should be going after all 3 points. We will be on a high after last nights game whilst Chelsea are all but finished for the season.

We also have the privilege of rotating a few key players.

..........................Hart........................

Zab....Kompany..Otamendi....Clichy

........Fernandinho...Fernando...........

.......Kdb...........Yaya..........Nasri.......

.......................Aguero........................

Was toying with starting Delph as Fernando has played a lot of minutes recently. However I think his relationship with Fernandinho is blossoming and it would be foolish to break them up. The other calls would probably be Kolarov for Clichy seeing as he didn't play v PSG however I think Clichy offers a more solid option defensively. Then finally maybe Navas to start as he would protect the full back more than either KDB or Nasri.

Another big match for Manuel. A lot of tough decisions. However with the amount of quality to choose from we cant go too far wrong (,unless he picks Bony)

Head = 1-1

Heart = 1-2 city
If you are going to play KDB, play him in the middle. Everyone else adjust to his position. Personally, ID start Nasri over Silva and Yaya over Fernando. Possibly rotate the Fullbacks too. And Kompany if he is healthy.

Have Fernando and Delph on the ready if Yaya isn't up for it. But whatever we do, must start with a top of Aguero and KDB behind Aguero. Everything else is debatable. Those 2 and Hart in goal isn't.

Away at Stamford bridge we should look to put in another solid at the back, counterattacking performance like last night, pressing high.

Nasri comes in for silva, that's obvious, the other changes should be kept to a minimum.

I know there's a chance Kompany will be fit, but unless he's 110% I wouldn't risk rushing him back, not after Mangala's performances vs. PSG, it really feels like they could be a breakthrough moment for him because his concentration didn't lapse all game.
It did. But let's not overanalyze to a point where we undermine his improved performance. But there were 2 specific moments that could have been .... Not so good.

Winning it this year and not qualifying next year harms the transfer budget more than semi final this year and qualifying for next season.

Wasn't really thinking about the financial ramifications. More about getting our name on the honors board. We only need to beat two teams now.

Wigan and Birmingham both won cup competitions and then got relegated. But the chances are they would have got relegated by now anyway but they will always have that silverware.

Funnily enough, I think we'll beat the Arse into 4th place in that game with a goal from Nasri sparking scenes of incandescent rage in the away end.

With Arsenals run-in, that game at the Etihad might be meaningless to them by that point.

If you are going to play KDB, play him in the middle. Everyone else adjust to his position. Personally, ID start Nasri over Silva and Yaya over Fernando. Possibly rotate the Fullbacks too. And Kompany if he is healthy.

Have Fernando and Delph on the ready if Yaya isn't up for it. But whatever we do, must start with a top of Aguero and KDB behind Aguero. Everything else is debatable. Those 2 and Hart in goal isn't.

so am i right in thinking you`d play yaya toure in the central defensive midfield role.

Nasri can't play in Europe so for me he'd start pretty much every League game we have left.

Yaya and Delph can give the Fernando's a rest.

Full back rotation.

Hart
Zabaleta Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Delph Yaya
Navas Silva Nasri
Aguero

Can't risk De Bruyne getting injured and I'd love for us to be able to rest Aguero but Bony is fucking shit and Pellegrini seems to have little faith in Nacho.

We owe the chavs after their gloating over their FA Cup win (didnt do them much good though) , they have a few injuries and are giving some of their youth players a chance , so it would be nice to turn the tables and give their youngsters a lesson , no doubt they will sing their "champions of europe you'll never do that" an airing , "beat PSG you'll never do that" would be a nice retort. The Rags will be cock a hoop beating West Ham and Villa so we need to bring them back down to earth and win the next 2 away games , and nip their little revival in the bud.

so am i right in thinking you`d play yaya toure in the central defensive midfield role.
Not really. I'm more concerned with making sure the team plays around the 2 most effective players; Aguero and DeBryune. That's the 9 and 10. Everyone else is rotatable. You can go Delph/Dihno or Fernando/Dihno or Yaya/Dihno or whatever mixture of CM combination you want. But don't move the 2 most important pieces. DeBryune-Aguero. That combo up top and centrally is key. Silva or Nasri. Yaya or Delph, Navas or Sterling. All those are interchangeable. Kev- Aguero shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.