• Lose

Votes: 150 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 112 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win this the title race is back on. For Spurs, that is. If both we and Spurs win tomorrow then Spurs will be just four points behind Chelsea. We'll be 8 behind with 8 games to play, which... sounds familiar...

It's possible. It's just about possible. Chelsea after this game have:

Bournemouth away
United away
Southampton at home
Everton away
Boro at home
West Brom away
Sunderland at home
Watford at home

Barring any collapse I'd expect them to get 18 points from these 24. If we won all of our last 8 we still wouldn't overtake them. So realistically we can only beat Chelsea now if they slip up. However, Tottenham could plausibly win the league still. If not, we can plausibly overtake Tottenham.
I'd take 3rd right now if offered.

I could imagine them losing at the swamp and Goodison.

After that, West Brom away and Boro are possible draws...

It's very, very unlikely but not impossible. I think if we won the last 9 games, Spurs wouldn't be able to keep up, they are still too erratic.

If it is going to be "on" though, we need to start scoring a lot more goals. 13 behind on goal difference will be near impossible to overcome at the current rate of scoring.

Kompany is nowhere near as good as Kolarov or Stones at playing out from the back and I doubt he's as good as Otamendi. We also have to consider that he's a right-sided player so might not complement Otamendi. We need a leader but the psychological impact of losing that leader eight minutes in can't be underestimated.

Never read as much rubbish in my life. Firstly he may not be as elegant on the ball as Stones but he can certainly defend better teams than all the others. And in terms of psychological impact I'd argue the opposite. The way our heads drop at the first sign of any pressure or a goal from opposition is more unlikely when you have a leader like Kompany on the pitch. Sorry but you are talking garbage.

A part of me wants Spurs to win the league over Chelsea.

I think to have 5 different winners in this decade alone would be great for the league, it would be English football pre 1980's/90's.

If spuds are too erratic, what does that make us .
I could imagine them losing at the swamp and Goodison.

After that, West Brom away and Boro are possible draws...

It's very, very unlikely but not impossible. I think if we won the last 9 games, Spurs wouldn't be able to keep up, they are still too erratic.

If it is going to be "on" though, we need to start scoring a lot more goals. 13 behind on goal difference will be near impossible to overcome at the current rate of scoring.

Anyone any ideas on good pubs near ground for blues tomorrow, not been to the bridge for years

Never read as much rubbish in my life. Firstly he may not be as elegant on the ball as Stones but he can certainly defend better teams than all the others. And in terms of psychological impact I'd argue the opposite. The way our heads drop at the first sign of any pressure or a goal from opposition is more unlikely when you have a leader like Kompany on the pitch. Sorry but you are talking garbage.
Whether he can defend better now is open to question. We don't know. Hopefully he will.

I think Kompany is OK bringing the ball out of defence. He played a bit in midfield, but Kolarov is one of the best passers at the club. He's certainly not better than Kolarov or Stones in terms of his ability on the ball. But Kompany at his best would walk into almost any team in any era. We have really missed him. I really would like to know whether he will be back or not.

I don't think City have an issue with heads dropping when we go a goal down. It's the other way around. We seem to start playing when we concede but don't press our advantage home when we're a goal up.

Chelsea have a couple of injury doubts, including Victor Moses, who is nursing a toe injury that ruled him out against Crystal Palace.

If Moses is unavailable then Pedro may again deputise at wing-back.

Manchester City are still without the injured Bacary Sagna, but Pablo Zabaleta is now fully fit and may replace Jesus Navas at right-back.

Ilkay Gundogan and Gabriel Jesus remain absentees, although the latter has returned to light training.

I don't know why people still expect 2012 Vincent Kompany to walk off the bench....Nothing we saw in his brief appearances this season made me think he's going to be half the player he was at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.