Chelsea Thread 16/17

I don't think we're better than you either.
Doesn't mean you won't win the league of course.

Leicester weren't better than lots of teams last year and won at a canter.

I think Chelsea are very efficient though and Conte is playing to your strengths.

You've also done well with injuries and suspensions.

Doesn't mean you won't win the league of course.

Leicester weren't better than lots of teams last year and won at a canter.

I think Chelsea are very efficient though and Conte is playing to your strengths.

You've also done well with injuries and suspensions.

I refuse to get ahead of myself. It would take just one terrible round of games to put the pressure back on us. I remember how we were 8 points clear of City early on 2 years ago and by the turn of the year we were level on points. Still managed to win the title that year, but it is proof that being 6-7 points clear at this stage is not enough to grant anyone the title, especially when City are among the teams chasing us. If it was just Liverpool and Arsenal, I might be a little more confident, but City have proven title credentials and are led by the best manager in the world, so unless we are out of sight, like 13-14 points clear, I won't feel completely safe yet.

A draw in your next game would be great though. We could go up to 8 and 9 points clear of both teams if we beat Stoke at home.

Leicester won the league last year because nobody put any pressure on them. Us, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United and Liverpool all underachieved and nobody else put a run together so Leicester just kept going. We've seen this year how they've buckled under the pressure, that would have happened last year as well if anybody had actually bothered to challenge them. This is why we've got to maintain our form this year, hopefully have a good second half of the season and put some real pressure on Chelsea. You never know what might happen. But if we keep slipping up like we did last year and everybody else does too they'll have it won by March.

Chelsea have had an incredible run of victories, it doesn't happen very often in the PL and everything has to go your way. This will change, but it is whether us or anyone else can take advantage of it and whether any pressure can be built up by the chasing pack. Chelsea are in a very good position but there's a long way to go yet.

A seriously impressive run but it just reinforces what sh*thouses their players were last season.

Hazard, Costa and Fabregas are not fit to sniff the steam off Zabba's piss

Yep. The better they do this season, the more pathetic it makes them look last season. Mourinho is a twat but their lack of professionalism was too far. Having said that, it was fun to watch.

Yep. The better they do this season, the more pathetic it makes them look last season. Mourinho is a twat but their lack of professionalism was too far. Having said that, it was fun to watch.

Yeah it is a blot on their record, for sure, but as fans, if they deliver the title this season, the shenanigans from last season will be long forgotten.

Even now, the people bringing it up the most are opposition fans.

Chelsea have some tough fixtures coming up soon, we have to stay on their heels and hope that other teams can twist the knife on them a bit. They'll have a slump soon enough.
No guarantee of a slump in form and even if they do drop points we will drop them also. I think it's done and dusted already but I'm a pessimist!!

Without checking their fixture list, they must have some difficult games coming up. Seem to have had hell of a lot of "easy" games in the last couple of months

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.