Chelsea thread 2012/2013 season

Great start by Chelsea and don't under estimate what a great start to a season has on confidence to players and supporters support

Castiel said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
They were shite yesterday. They looked like they´d walked off the plane and straight onto the pitch. Should never have gone ahead with less than 2 days from landing back regardless of the fact many didn´t play in Greece. Mentally Toon were just not there and it was clear. You are a very lucky club under RDM - or should I say Roman, John and Frank
I believe 1 Newcastle player started yesterday who also participated in their midweek match. 8 Chelsea players started who were also involved in the extra league fixture we played on Wednesday. I believe you make your own luck.

I agree with Sam's take completely.

If failing spectacularly at WBA is making your own luck it must be a lesson to all of us!!

Castiel said:
They were shite yesterday. They looked like they´d walked off the plane and straight onto the pitch. Should never have gone ahead with less than 2 days from landing back regardless of the fact many didn´t play in Greece. Mentally Toon were just not there and it was clear. You are a very lucky club under RDM - or should I say Roman, John and Frank
I believe 1 Newcastle player started yesterday who also participated in their midweek match. 8 Chelsea players started who were also involved in the extra league fixture we played on Wednesday. I believe you make your own luck.

If failing spectacularly at WBA is making your own luck it must be a lesson to all of us!!

Not sure what you mean there Mike ??

I didn't really follow his career at WBA so I can't really discuss it; but so far he's had half a season at my club and won 2 trophies, one of them being the biggest one of all. He's doing a terrible job at failing so far, I'll give you that.

Castiel said:
I didn't really follow his career at WBA so I can't really discuss it; but so far he's had half a season at my club and won 2 trophies, one of them being the biggest one of all. He's doing a terrible job at failing so far, I'll give you that.
You can be lucky in the Cups. The League is the test. This season you've got the results, but I think Hazard's runs have hidden some worrying aspects for CFC fans.

1) Terry
2) Lampard
3) Torres - for the central striker he's still not playing well. Everyone at CFC wants to believe in him, that when they see a couple of great goals going in they think the old Torres is coming back. He's not (although I must admit I have the slightest doubt (10%) that he might - if he does CFC will do very well)

samharris said:
Castiel said:

RDM quite clearly failed yet by doing so made his own luck being where he is now, having done very little to bag 2 trophies,albeit as a puppet. Happen to like RDM as a person but it´s less obvious that Reeves and Mortimer are certifiably insane than it is realising who´s really in charge at SB

samharris said:

RDM quite clearly failed yet by doing so made his own luck being where he is now, having done very little to bag 2 trophies,albeit as a puppet. Happen to like RDM as a person but it´s less obvious that Reeves and Mortimer are certifiably insane than it is realising who´s really in charge at SB

Doh..!! my bad...

I said yesterday and I will say it today..Roman Abramovich is the Chelsea manager The man/men on the bench whoever they are,are just puppets..

All be it very well paid puppets...

Marvin said:
You can be lucky in the Cups. The League is the test. This season you've got the results, but I think Hazard's runs have hidden some worrying aspects for CFC fans.

1) Terry
2) Lampard
3) Torres - for the central striker he's still not playing well. Everyone at CFC wants to believe in him, that when they see a couple of great goals going in they think the old Torres is coming back. He's not (although I must admit I have the slightest doubt (10%) that he might - if he does CFC will do very well)
Its not really a secret that Terry and Lampard are at the end of their careers, along with Drogba and most of the remnants of Mourinho's team. Why do you think we've spent a fortune these last few windows replacing them? I'm fairly certain that this season we will not be relying on either of them as we once did.

As for Torres, he's scored 3 in 4 now and looks completely transformed from this time last year. I'm not very happy in putting all our eggs in the one basket in the striker department because that just isn't a good idea no matter who the striker is - but so far he most certainly is playing well.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 am --<br /><br />
samharris said:
Doh..!! my bad...

I said yesterday and I will say it today..Roman Abramovich is the Chelsea manager The man/men on the bench whoever they are,are just puppets..

Unless you've got some sort of evidence you're just talking shite to be honest. I could easily say the same thing about Mancini, or Ferguson, and it'd be an equally valid opinion. If Chelsea managers fail at the targets set they are easily fired - its not really a popular policy but it has brought results. But puppets? Thats just ridiculous. Why would he bother hiring and firing them at all? The managers he's gone through over the years have cost him a fortune. If he was personally managing them team and just needed a "puppet" he could pull any grateful sod off the street and pay them to sit there and look official. I will gladly do it.

Castiel said:
Marvin said:

1) Terry
2) Lampard
Its not really a secret that Terry and Lampard are at the end of their careers, along with Drogba and most of the remnants of Mourinho's team. Why do you think we've spent a fortune these last few windows replacing them? I'm fairly certain that this season we will not be relying on either of them as we once did.

As for Torres, he's scored 3 in 4 now and looks completely transformed from this time last year. I'm not very happy in putting all our eggs in the one basket in the striker department because that just isn't a good idea no matter who the striker is - but so far he most certainly is playing well.

-- Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 am --

samharris said:
Doh..!! my bad...

Unless you've got some sort of evidence you're just talking shite to be honest. I could easily say the same thing about Mancini, or Ferguson, and it'd be an equally valid opinion. If Chelsea managers fail at the targets set they are easily fired - its not really a popular policy but it has brought results. But puppets? Thats just ridiculous. Why would he bother hiring and firing them at all? The managers he's gone through over the years have cost him a fortune. If he was personally managing them team and just needed a "puppet" he could pull any grateful sod off the street and pay them to sit there and look official. I will gladly do it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/13/chelsea-roman-abramovich-andre-villas-boas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... illas-boas</a>

And heres me thinking it was down to the manager to sort the players out.
In the last ten years how many weeks have chelsea been out of the top 5/6 and how many managers have they gone through..

If you cant see it..more fool you mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.