Chelsea thread 2012/2013 season

Re: Chelsea Title Chances

blutomato42 said:
Pam said:
baildon blue said:
Not going to win the title chelsea still need a decent striker .And dont forget their going to japan in december that will derail them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me they have an indiscriminate transfer strategy . Like a six year old in a sweet factory.
What does an "indiscriminate transfer strategy" mean?

bravado_little_britain_want_that_one_red-white.jpg

I don't think any pundit I've heard has said that Chelsea will walk the league because they've won 3 games (maybe you could come up with some examples?).

Most people I've heard have said that they expect it to be between 'the Manchester clubs' as they love saying these days, but Chelsea will be there or there abouts and you can't write them off. The latter is an entirely fair and justified statement, and I agree with it.

Another case of people hearing what they want to hear when it comes to pundits.

They are 3rd, but fairly distant favourites behind United and City. They have bought very well, but they have bought young and the players need to mature. They have bought a lot of players and they need to gel as a team. Not to mention they have changed their style of football. Players like Terry and Lampard are now not only past it, but don't fit the system. They have a lack of cover upfront and have not used Ramires to partner Mikel like they should do. I think Roman is happy to write this season off and bleed the youngsters. Playing well and coming in the top 4 is the minimum expectation. Next season they maybe right up there.

supercrystal7 said:
They are 3rd, but fairly distant favourites behind United and City. They have bought very well, but they have bought young and the players need to mature. They have bought a lot of players and they need to gel as a team. Not to mention they have changed their style of football. Players like Terry and Lampard are now not only past it, but don't fit the system. They have a lack of cover upfront and have not used Ramires to partner Mikel like they should do. I think Roman is happy to write this season off and bleed the youngsters. Playing well and coming in the top 4 is the minimum expectation. Next season they maybe right up there.

Honestly don't believe they have bought well. They've bought plenty of good individuals but that's not the same thing. They should have been looking at their defence.

Pam said:
supercrystal7 said:

Honestly don't believe they have bought well. They've bought plenty of good individuals but that's not the same thing. They should have been looking at their defence.
What's wrong with their defence in the future? Cech is still world class, though not as good as he once was. However, they have a top keeper in Courtois. Cole is still class and Bertrand looks a good replacement they are bleeding him well. Luiz is maturing and getting better. He is fantastic on the ball and has good pace. Cahil is going to an England centre back for the foreseeable future. Terry has the charges against him. He has been rubbish, but hard to judge whether its the trial of he has completely lost it. Ivanovic can cover at the back. They have Azpilicueta, who looks pretty good. When Terry's abilities or lack of them clear up they can buy a centre back.

The problem with the defence is more the new high line they want to play. The likes of Hazard not tracking back. Lampard being past it and being exposed in central midfield. When Lampard and Terry are out of the team they will play better like the Newcastle game where they were very good.

I think they will add a midfielder to replace Lampard and a defender to replace Terry next summer. Not is not the time to do it. This is the year to slowly fade them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.