Chelsea thread 2012/2013 season

JoeMercer'sWay said:
the worrying thing now is we have to look over our shoulders rather than look at United.

I don't find this worrying really because 2nd or 3rd, makes no difference except a bit of extra cash end of the season. We won't finish any lower. I find the gap between us and the rags worrying and if we fook up against Norwich it could be game over. A lot of people will have faith until the end after last year but if we lost against Norwich (you can't rule it out) and they beat Wigan, it'd be 10pts and I don't see another Baconface bottle job.

LoveCity said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
the worrying thing now is we have to look over our shoulders rather than look at United.

I don't find this worrying really because 2nd or 3rd, makes no difference except a bit of extra cash end of the season. We won't finish any lower. I find the gap between us and the rags worrying and if we fook up against Norwich it could be game over. A lot of people will have faith until the end after last year but if we lost against Norwich (you can't rule it out) and they beat Wigan, it'd be 10pts and I don't see another Baconface bottle job.

Im not worried about finishing lower than third and as you say, there's sod all difference between the two really. It will probably lose Mancini his job though.

Yeah, we have to make Top3 but will be interesting what Spurs will show at Sunderland this weekend.

We wont catch United with Torres leading our line. Unfortunately City don't look up to it this season either (so far anyway). If we buy a (good) striker in January we could push them hard. Otherwise the title could be a foregone conclusion this season.

To think of how it might have been if Clattenburg hadn't fucked us. Though, secretly I've been impressed with the job Rafa has done so far. Torres is scoring a reasonable tally, he's turned Mata into a minor God, moved Luiz into midfield, fixed our defence and given us some real venom in attack which we seemed to lack under Di Matteo. He isn't doing a bad job of managing us so far, but the fans will probably never accept him.

Just some random thoughts after their game against swansea...

Their team is a really different team from last year, lots of ins and lots of outs. I mean don't they need time to girl together? I really think next year is the year for them to have big expectations for their comps

You've gotta figure out what ur doing with torres. After watching him just lull through that game and then have Ba come on and make a huge impact in so little time. Its to the point where he's been given so many opportunities and he just can't figure it out. Whoever they bring in this summer as a striker, probably falcao, I mean you've gotta move Torres and cut ur losses its no longer beneficial to keep him around underperforming and waiting for him to come good

If rafa is ur guy going forward great, if not get him out at the end of the season and get someone in who ur not going to fire within the first three months if they have a bad run of games. I get Chelsea fans hate benitez for obvious reasons but ur constant boos at home games arent helping ur miserable home record

cmdub said:

Their team is a really different team from last year, lots of ins and lots of outs. I mean don't they need time to girl together? I really think next year is the year for them to have big expectations for their comps

You've gotta figure out what ur doing with torres. After watching him just lull through that game and then have Ba come on and make a huge impact in so little time. Its to the point where he's been given so many opportunities and he just can't figure it out. Whoever they bring in this summer as a striker, probably falcao, I mean you've gotta move Torres and cut ur losses its no longer beneficial to keep him around underperforming and waiting for him to come good

If rafa is ur guy going forward great, if not get him out at the end of the season and get someone in who ur not going to fire within the first three months if they have a bad run of games. I get Chelsea fans hate benitez for obvious reasons but ur constant boos at home games arent helping ur miserable home record

Well I suppose a couple of squad spit roasts might raise team morale ;)

Speaker said:
cmdub said:

Well I suppose a couple of squad spit roasts might raise team morale ;)

With Lampard and Terry still at the club that could be possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.