Chelsea Thread 2014/15

Chelsea - Season Unbeaten?

There's a bit of hoping that this is a jinx thread, but does anyone think they can go undefeated in the Premiership this season?

I'm aware we're just 7 games in and it's only been done by Arsenal in modern times, but they look pretty strong to me all over the pitch.

I know it's not always prescriptive, but on paper they've already played their hardest game, away to us. After brushing Arsenal aside at home today, I can't see many teams troubling them at Stamford Bridge.

Their next 3 aways are Palace, Utd & L'pool. Be interesting to see if they come through these undefeated.

I suppose they're only an injury/loss of form to Terry, Costa or Fabregas and they might struggle.

Sincerely hope I'm revisiting this thread sooner rather than later and concluding that the opening post was utter nonsense.

Re: Chelsea - Season Unbeaten?

They'll slip up somewhere unexpected.

They have to be favourites for the title but I don't think they're good enough for an unbeaten season.

We won't see it happen again for a while I reckon, the leagues getting more competitive.

They haven't played Sunderland at Stamford Bridge yet (only team to beat Jose's lot there in the PL.) In all seriousness though, I think it will be the closest any team comes to equalling that record.

I can't see them losing many. Their defence looks rock solid. We played very well against them but hardly created a clear chance. Arsenal had twice as many so called attempts today but looked out of their depth to me.

It is going to take 90 odd points for me this year to finish above them.

2 teams in the entire history of top flight English football have gone unbeaten. That shows just how hard it is to do. That Arsenal team drew a lot, but it's still an incredible achievement. Henry, Pires, Campbell and Vieira all in their prime. Along with Milan they were probably the best team in Europe, but a great and surprising (since Arsenal had their number) Chelsea performance cost them the CL. I would be shocked if this Chelsea team matched that team.

Forget tactics, forget football if I was in a fight I wouldn't mind a lot of that Arsenal team by my side: Campbell, Keown, Lehmann, Lauren and Gilberto could all handle themselves. It's sad to see the change in Wenger's philosophy.

I can see it they are so solid.. But let's see how they play when it's the business end not many of those players have won the premier league, pressure does funny things even the rags messed it up with an 8 point lead...

waspish said:
I can see it they are so solid.. But let's see how they play when it's the business end not many of those players have won the premier league, pressure does funny things even the rags messed it up with an 8 point lead...
True. They do lack experience in winning league titles. The Atletico players and especially Costa should help that, but it will be interesting to see how they do. November is also approaching soon . Let's see if they have their traditional slump.

All depends on injuries. They park the bus a lot aginst the top teams and rely on a piece of individual brilliance (see hazard today) to grab the points. If they are missing one of these moments it would only take a goal from the opposition to bring defeat.

I don't think they will avoid defeat this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.