Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sorry to hear that. :-(

Not as bad now, but I also have two bad knees (ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus injuries) that both hurt when I play and will likely—baring significant advancements in meniscus and knee replacement methods and materials—lead to debilitating pain later (have actually been told I shouldn’t be playing at all if I knew what was good for me).

Maybe we can get a walking football team together at some point?

I am 58 this year - best arrange that pretty soon - even walking is taxing lol

Prepare yourself for untold frustration against Burnley. The cyncical time-wasting vs Chelsea was just about the worst I have seen in the game.

Sarri sent off. Chelsea staff waiting for Burnley players to come off the pitch so that they could have a pop at them. Made me angry watching it mostly because I know they will do the same against us.

@Vialli98 how do you assess the season then? It’s turned out alright in what the target was to get Champions league football back. It’s been bumpy at some points but I like Sarri and I think he needs time to implement his style and bring the personnel in to execute it. Big problem is the potential transfer ban on that front.

I’d trust Chelsea more than Arsenal to win in a Europa league final which would be a decent return in what I imagine a Chelsea fans expectation from this season.

@Vialli98 how do you assess the season then? It’s turned out alright in what the target was to get Champions league football back. It’s been bumpy at some points but I like Sarri and I think he needs time to implement his style and bring the personnel in to execute it. Big problem is the potential transfer ban on that front.

I’d trust Chelsea more than Arsenal to win in a Europa league final which would be a decent return in what I imagine a Chelsea fans expectation from this season.

I can't view this season as anything other than a failure, that's my honest view. I expect Chelsea, at the bare minimum, to challenge for the title. Sitting 3rd place some 20 odd points behind the top 2 is embarrassing. I won't lie, I'm thrilled to be back in the CL, but ultimately it's pointless being in it if we already know we have no chance of going deep in the tournament.

I'll take the small victories where I can get it though, so yes sneaking into the top 4 ahead of United and Arsenal is better than finishing 6th. Having a potential Europa League final is better than no trophy at all (we'd go into next season as top seeds in the CL if we win the EL), but the season has been a right slugfest at times, I haven't enjoyed it much and pretty glad to see the back of it.

If Chelsea win the Europa League i can't see why that would be judged a poor season. A trophy, a final that they lost on penalties and top four. It's the managers first season in a league that most would say is quite difficult to get to grips with, added to that is the Chelsea dressing room.

If Chelsea win the Europa League i can't see why that would be judged a poor season. A trophy, a final that they lost on penalties and top four. It's the managers first season in a league that most would say is quite difficult to get to grips with, added to that is the Chelsea dressing room.

I see what you mean mate, but I just can't accept being 20 points behind the top 2.

Europa League has been piss easy until we reached the semifinals, some of the teams we've played to get here have barely been Championship level.

This summer is pivotal, the club either goes all in on this Sarri project and gets him the players he needs or cuts their losses now so we can move in a different direction. What can't happen though, is going into next season with Sarri but largely the same team as this season.

I see what you mean mate, but I just can't accept being 20 points behind the top 2.

Europa League has been piss easy until we reached the semifinals, some of the teams we've played to get here have barely been Championship level.

This summer is pivotal, the club either goes all in on this Sarri project and gets him the players he needs or cuts their losses now so we can move in a different direction. What can't happen though, is going into next season with Sarri but largely the same team as this season.
Yep, you need a good summer of signings. No one mentions the shite the Rags played to win the Europa, it's still a trophy. I think next season will be interesting with Sarri and Emery and i reckon the Rags could be even further behind.

Unfortunately for you, that’s only going to happen if the transfer ban is overturned.

Yep, you need a good summer of signings. No one mentions the shite the Rags played to win the Europa, it's still a trophy. I think next season will be interesting with Sarri and Emery and i reckon the Rags could be even further behind.

I hold my club to a higher standard. I'll celebrate it if we win the final, but I won't hold winning it up as some symbol of a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.