Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going be really good this season. For me, they're as much as a contender as Liverpool. Spurs 4. United Arsenal 5 &6

Good performance vs Huddersfield. The issue of performing well in periods rather than the whole game persists. We were pretty average in the first half, despite being 2-0 up. Much better 2nd half - the tempo really needs to be much quicker. The move that led to the penalty had about 20 passes from back to front, but it was passed around at a pedestrian pace and teams better than Huddersfield would not just allow us to pass around slowly like that.

The team looked better instantly as soon as Hazard came on. Kovacic will also add a nice balance, as Barkley is really poor.

I can't wait for the team to look like this;

Kepa
Azpi Rudiger Luiz Emerson
Jorginho
Kante Kovacic
Willian Morata Hazard

Same could be said for Ederson though, pre-city

Pretty much, though I think Ederson more known before City. I certainly knew who he was, whereas I had never heard of Kepa until we signed him.

Good performance vs Huddersfield. The issue of performing well in periods rather than the whole game persists. We were pretty average in the first half, despite being 2-0 up. Much better 2nd half - the tempo really needs to be much quicker. The move that led to the penalty had about 20 passes from back to front, but it was passed around at a pedestrian pace and teams better than Huddersfield would not just allow us to pass around slowly like that.

The team looked better instantly as soon as Hazard came on. Kovacic will also add a nice balance, as Barkley is really poor.

Kepa
Jorginho
Kante Kovacic
Willian Morata Hazard
Going under the radar slightly Chelsea. Will surprise a few and I think will get top 3.

Kepa
Jorginho
Kante Kovacic
Willian Morata Hazard

Watched the first half controlled the game 100% the result was not in doubt should get top 4 no problem rags will drop out.

Going under the radar slightly Chelsea. Will surprise a few and I think will get top 3.

I feel like Chelsea and Arsenal are unknowns at this point, Chelsea especially - complete new philosophy, there will be plenty of hiccups and defensive errors this season.I will be glad if we just about squeeze into top 4 - top 3 would be amazing. It's pretty evident that Liverpool and City will be the top 2 teams this season.

I feel like Chelsea and Arsenal are unknowns at this point, Chelsea especially - complete new philosophy, there will be plenty of hiccups and defensive errors this season.I will be glad if we just about squeeze into top 4 - top 3 would be amazing. It's pretty evident that Liverpool and City will be the top 2 teams this season.

Albeit with only highlights that can look misleading, Chelsea seem to be adapting quite quickly as far as I can see. It's not like you've got inadequate players. The writing off of Chelsea as challengers is a bit odd - last season the narrative was all about Conte having lost the team, lost focus and so on - not that the team wasn't capable.

Watched the first half controlled the game 100% the result was not in doubt should get top 4 no problem rags will drop out.

We created very, very little though. It was comfortable possession in non-threatening areas, lots of slow sideways passes. Huddersfield had no problems just staying in shape, two banks of four and watching us pass it about. As I said, the 2nd half was much better, quicker tempo, much more forward thinking. Barkley was a disaster - the team will look so much more accomplished in possession and threatening when Hazard and Kovacic come into this team.

We created very, very little though. It was comfortable possession in non-threatening areas, lots of slow sideways passes. Huddersfield had no problems just staying in shape, two banks of four and watching us pass it about. As I said, the 2nd half was much better, quicker tempo, much more forward thinking. Barkley was a disaster - the team will look so much more accomplished in possession and threatening when Hazard and Kovacic come into this team.
Chelsea will be up there competing this year, and I think that is just fine. Better you guys than certain other clubs :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.