Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of Chelsea’s squad but they do seem short of a quality forward.

I thought they were going to sign Higuian and Bailey.

I expect they thought Morata might step up & earn his wages, but he looked fucking tragic v us.

A top quality cf at last minute would put them right into the mix.

They have done well acting instantly to cover the possibility of Jorginho caving in. Now they need to do the same with Morata.

Pretty big downgrade in keeper..

67% pass completion last season though i know Bilbao tend to lump it up to Aduriz so fairly decent number.

2.2 saves per goal conceded. Chelsea are a team in transition so i expect from to concede a fair few chances as they did vs us.
He's also just 6'2 and punches a lot so expect them to be a lot more vulnerable from set-pieces(Courtois was very good ay controlling his area and catching crosses ect)

The no champs league = prem league win pattern stops this season. Though this keeper signing could be an indication that they'll give Sarri more than a few seasons?

Though this keeper signing could be an indication that they'll give Sarri more than a few seasons?
Abromovich has never been patient with managers.

If Sarri is to survive, he'll need to change philosophy from all-out press to something that Chelsea can actually play. Maybe finish 3rd or 4th. And then get signings next season to transform the side to an aggressive pressing, attacking side.

We'll see - but I rather think that Sarri clings to his philosophy - and that the unsuitable Chelsea side drop point after point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sarri gone by Christmas.

"Jorginho on target for Chelsea" according to Sky Sports.

You would hope so from the Penalty Spot.

Easy win really for them today. Let's hope Huddersfield give us as much space when we play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.