Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenit definitely want him and Russian sources are claiming they've offered him a big salary, but he's unconvinced. They want him to come over to look at the facilities, which are impressive, and the city (I'm biased as it's my adopted home, but I think it's fantastic - the entire city centre is a world heritage site). My feeling is that he'll go to Chelsea if he's offered the job and he regards Zenit as a backup option.

EDIT - Just digging around on Twitter, some Italian sources are saying Sarri has rejected Zeni, but others - Di Marzio included - say they're still in contention, even if his preference would be Chelsea.
"#Chelsea has offered #Sarri a 3-year contract at 4-5 million per season. Blues willing to pay even 3-4 million euros (about half the clause) to free him. Zenit waits but not too much: Russians want to announce new technician by weekend @ilmessaggeroit"

"#Sarri is not the only #Chelsea candidate, but #Ramadani, in London, has recorded new positive signs. Even the players cheer for the Italian solution @ilmessaggeroit"

Chelsea are finished at the top table in my opinion. The owner doesn’t back then these days, they’re not in the champions league and their luck is running out on getting stupidly high fees for average players.
Spurs and Arsenal will pull ahead of them down there.

Chelsea are finished at the top table in my opinion. The owner doesn’t back then these days, they’re not in the champions league and their luck is running out on getting stupidly high fees for average players.
Spurs and Arsenal will pull ahead of them down there.
You could be right. They’re sailing very close to FFP as it stands and the quality in that squad isn’t what it was. To rebuild they’re going to have to sell Hazard and other assets and there’s also the question marks over Abramovich.

You could be right. They’re sailing very close to FFP as it stands and the quality in that squad isn’t what it was. To rebuild they’re going to have to sell Hazard and other assets and there’s also the question marks over Abramovich.
Yes, regardless of whether or not Abramovich is granted his visa, he’ll know now that the original - and let’s face it very successful - idea to raise his profile by lavishing success on a premier league football team doesn’t keep him safe from geo-political manouvres now.
They got very lucky when the won the champions league in 2012 and have done well with the academy farm system which UEFA are now looking at.
Couple this with some highly suspicious fees for the likes of Luiz and Oscar and they’ve continued to progress and be ok financially.
However, City, United and Liverpool will pull away from them now and I suspect they’ll be back vying with West Ham for the 3rd best club in the capital within 5 years. That’s just my opinion.
Anyone know who’s spent time in London will know Arsenal and Spurs have a far bigger local fan base.

Zenit definitely want him and Russian sources are claiming they've offered him a big salary, but he's unconvinced. They want him to come over to look at the facilities, which are impressive, and the city (I'm biased as it's my adopted home, but I think it's fantastic - the entire city centre is a world heritage site). My feeling is that he'll go to Chelsea if he's offered the job and he regards Zenit as a backup option.

EDIT - Just digging around on Twitter, some Italian sources are saying Sarri has rejected Zeni, but others - Di Marzio included - say they're still in contention, even if his preference would be Chelsea.
Exactly what I’d have expected. Chelsea not even sacked Conte yet, lol.

Has the conversion to the new stadium started yet or is it feasible Roman will pull the plug on it?

And they need some rebuilding. Something is not right mentality-wise with that squad. The yoyo performance of the last years is not a good sign. I am not sure Sarri is the right coach for them. At least he plays a completely different kind of football to what Chelsea have been practicing for years and years. Will be a big task to change them into a Sarri-team.

Shame if Sarri goes there rather than Zenit. Can't see him succeeding Pep if he ends up at Chelsea.
Either he does well there and becomes difficult to get or Roman runs out of patience at the time it's taking for them to play his way and sacks him, potentially putting our higher ups (and the fans) off him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.