Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe they're a functional, percentage team. And that they have very little flair in their side.

Put it this way, the people who were drooling over them earlier in the season, both pundit wise and people I know in person wise, are people whose opinions I don't trust on football. That only reinforces my belief that they're functional.

These German coaches are skillful in blaming someone else. It is Martial who didn't actually play their last match. It is Lukaku who didn't see the ball much because of the defensive tactics of the coach. It is grass, something or rather. They all must come from a single root in the coaching tree.

These German coaches are skillful in blaming someone else. It is Martial who didn't actually play their last match. It is Lukaku who didn't see the ball much because of the defensive tactics of the coach. It is grass, something or rather. They all must come from a single root in the coaching tree.
All from Wreck it Ralph's ball bag

Jubilant Chelsea return home to a hero’s welcome after winning the “we played well for 5mins after City scored trophy”5A3BF7DF-C2A9-4DC5-9469-CFD353AA8C64.jpeg

Whsper it but, while they're still the third best team in the league and a good team, they're not that great.

They were being wanked over by everyone when they were top of the league, and since then their form has turned to shite. They play basic, rudimentary, percentage football and are nowhere near as attractive to watch as City. LIverpool should never have surrendered their lead a few weeks ago either and it took a 1 in 100 worldie from Kovacic to get them back into the game. They're not on Liverpool's level, never mind City's.

When people say Bayern, City, Liverpool and Chelsea are the four best teams in the world, Chelsea just look so out of place. Yes they won the CL Final but that was more to do with Guardiola trying to be too clever and everyone knows an inferior team can beat a superior in a one off game. They're clearly far from the best team in Europe.

Have some good players but some staggeringly average ones too, and play basic football as I said. Have to laugh at the wanking over Tuchel as well - he's a top manager but clearly not even close to Klopp or Pep's level. I'd have Conte over him too, even if Conte's teams aren't generally that attractive to watch either.

I don't know if it's the deluded London press or whatever, but the arse-licking this lot receive is ridiculous. By the end of this season they will have won 2 out of the last 12 titles, yet every season moronic pundits back them to win the league. City alternatively will have won 4 out of 5 titles in all likelihood come May. It's clear City are a much better team with much better players and a much better managers, but the brain trust that you call English football pundits consistently preedict Chelsea to beat City (and Liverpool) to the league title.

City and Chelsea have both had foreign investment. But Chelsea turned into more of a functional, defensive team since they had the investment, whereas City have been a more attractive possession style team. Even before Pep put his imprint on City they were a much more attractive watch than Chelsea. I would much rather watch City 2012 than Chelsea 2005, for example.

Laughable when you think about it really.
Roberto's title-winning side played some very attractive football at the start of that season, until teams figured us out, and started putting nine or 10 behind the ball.

Manuel also played some very eye-catching stuff.

How the fuck does tuchel get coach of the year! Oct 20 - aug 21 he got sacked and flukes a cup with his shite ultra defensive setup ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.