Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is uncomfortable from a City point of view is our involvement with CMC & President Xi Jinping who is clearly backing Putin.

Unlike City/CFG and our ownership structure, where we don’t owe anything to any of our owners and we essentially own ourselves anyway; Chelsea are in debt to Abramovic to the tune of £1.514bn. It’s the biggest debt of any club in football, miles higher than Liverpool’s (£386m) and United’s (£420m), and even dwarfs Tottenham’s (£706m)… it’s a larger debt than Madrid’s (£770m) and even Barça’s (£1.2bn).

Where that leaves Chelsea in terms of Abramovic having his assets frozen/seized, I’m not sure. Nor where it leaves them if he has to sell the club. Nor where it leaves them if Abramovic loses his money like so many Russians have since their stock market crashed yesterday (Gennady Timchenko lost £5bn overnight). Nor where it leaves them long term anyway if Abramovic finds a way to get around this or Russia pull out and things go back to normal.

Chelsea loan is interest free unlike the others.

Chelsea loan is interest free unlike the others.
Long term, in a settled world, that is a good thing compared to the others.

But if Abramovic demands Chelsea pay off their debt to him as we freeze his assets, where does that leave Chelsea? I think they’d be proper fucked!

But if Abramovic demands Chelsea pay off their debt to him as we freeze his assets, where does that leave Chelsea? I think they’d be proper fucked!

They’ll get a buyer they’ll be queuing up to buy them.

Chelsea is among his assets. Surely they can't freeze his assets without also freezing Chelsea?

While i'm indifferent about Chelsea, a Chelsea in trouble means the rags and dippers have higher chance for staying in the top which is worst scenario for me.
If they die, they die, but not before pumping the mickeys this weekend at Wembley in the cardboard cup (on loan from us)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.