Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say these look a very good side. They have pace, height, strength. They will definitely be thereabouts. Tough game for us coming up next week, particularly if Laporte and Stones missing.

I'm confident about winning the game 2-0, but if I'm being honest, if we beat Spurs today, I'd take a 0-0 next week right now and move forward with a 3 point gap. It kind of feels like Tuchel has Pep's number but it's also tough to imagine a world where we can beat City 4 times in a row.
Tuchel has done very well, but he does not have Pep's number. You only beat a full strength City side once (CL FInal) and that was a very tight game. They used to say that about Klopp and Pep figured it out and we are Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 1 over the past 3 seasons against them - and that includes one of the worst ref handball misses in recent memory and a penalty miss by us in two games we could easily have won otherwise.

Tuchel has done very well, but he does not have Pep's number. You only beat a full strength City side once (CL FInal) and that was a very tight game. They used to say that about Klopp and Pep figured it out and we are Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 1 over the past 3 seasons against them - and that includes one of the worst ref handball misses in recent memory and a penalty miss by us in two games we could easily have won otherwise.

Chelsea weren't really full strength for the first two games either to be fair. You rotated more than we did (9 changes for the cup game is just asking for trouble), but still, 3 consecutive wins against the same team is bound to fill one with confidence for the upcoming game. But as I said before, the only thing that makes me hesitate for that game is the fact that I can't imagine Pep and City losing 4 consecutive games to the same team.

They did look good against Spurs but so did Crystal Palace and it was the same score line

But they beat City :)

In all honesty, Spurs came out firing today, with lots of intensity and an aggressive press. That caught us by surprise I think, as they've usually been a sit back and counter team under Nuno this season. We demolished them in the second half. It could and should have been 5 or 6-0.

Speaking of Werner, I said having in him the team is just a chance creating machine with his movement and pace. He can't finish to save his life, but I think his presence is crucial to the way we create chances.

He definitely had a rough time in front of goal but he wasn't as bad as the memes made it seem. I would like Tuchel to try a back 4 system, so we can squeeze an extra attacking player in to the team, because it's tough to have to choose two players out of Mount, Havertz, Werner, CHO, Ziyech and Pulisic.
I think Werner is a good un but struggles to find the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.