Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing players for long contracts is a game I hope City don’t get into, imagine Mangala would still be here now.

Signing players for long contracts is a game I hope City don’t get into, imagine Mangala would still be here now.

You can offer someone a 8 year contract and have in anything you like if they agree with it! You could have after four years if you haven’t played this amount of games wages will be dropped by half..

You can still sell players that don't prove to be up to the job, unless they completely flop or get a crazy injury. We signed Morata, for example, to a 5 year contract. We sold him 2 years later recouping almost all of the initial fee we spent on him.

You can offer someone a 8 year contract and have in anything you like if they agree with it! You could have after four years if you haven’t played this amount of games wages will be dropped by half..

Apparently Mudryk's deal (and most of the others signed by Boehly and co) is heavily incentivised with a starting wage of about £97K a week.

I see no-one is questioning the length of these contracts. If it was us it would be different. FFP fix. Nothing more.

It’s definitely a way to get around FFP but I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s a calculated risk from both the player and the club. Why would anybody have a problem with this?

Smart move and we may see more clubs giving 8.5 year deals

I’m unsure if 8 year deals are smart, especially if you have 6-7 players on such long contracts but yeah it does seem like it’s something these new owners have analysed and decided it’s a risk worth taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.