Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s definitely a way to get around FFP but I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s a calculated risk from both the player and the club. Why would anybody have a problem with this?
just kicking the can further down the road sooner or later you cant kick it

but all good as long as it's manchester city ruining football

just kicking the can further down the road sooner or later you cant kick it

but all good as long as it's manchester city ruining football

How? Can you explain? The way I see it, it's spreading the cost of the transfer across a longer period lowering the hit for each year, how is that kicking the can down the road? Even if that were the case, the club will eventually get to the end of the rope and then find themselves in FFP trouble. Why is that something a rival fan would have a problem with?

How? Can you explain? The way I see it, it's spreading the cost of the transfer across a longer period lowering the hit for each year, how is that kicking the can down the road? Even if that were the case, the club will eventually get to the end of the rope and then find themselves in FFP trouble. Why is that something a rival fan would have a problem with?
one big club got caught out by FFP so dug a hole in the local park and guess what FFP passed no questions asked no outrage now could you see city writing of a huge loan and losing money weekly the media outrage would be unbearable

one big club got caught out by FFP so dug a hole in the local park and guess what FFP passed no questions asked no outrage now could you see city writing of a huge loan and losing money weekly the media outrage would be unbearable

Okay, set aside the City angle for minute. I'm trying to understand what you mean by kicking the can down the road.

Okay, set aside the City angle for minute. I'm trying to understand what you mean by kicking the can down the road.
everyone signs players that once rich in some cases very rich youngmen the motivation goes more often than not their second contract but doing it on first contract how do you shift them when 6,7,8 years still to run on contract spend more money

everyone signs players that once rich in some cases very rich youngmen the motivation goes more often than not their second contract but doing it on first contract how do you shift them when 6,7,8 years still to run on contract spend more money

Gotcha, that is why I said it was a calculated risk on both the player and the club's part. For Mudryk specifically, according to the Athletic, he's on a base salary of £97K a week and then heavily incentivised after that so if he hits certain milestones in year 2 or 3 then his salary could jump up to £120-130K a week for example.

If he doesn't live up to expectations, well then he's not on a crazy salary to begin with so he shouldn't be too difficult to sell, and yes in that case the club would take a hit on the transfer fee as they wouldn't be able to sell him for the £62m they initially paid.

Gotcha, that is why I said it was a calculated risk on both the player and the club's part. For Mudryk specifically, according to the Athletic, he's on a base salary of £97K a week and then heavily incentivised after that so if he hits certain milestones in year 2 or 3 then his salary could jump up to £120-130K a week for example.

If he doesn't live up to expectations, well then he's not on a crazy salary to begin with so he shouldn't be too difficult to sell, and yes in that case the club would take a hit on the transfer fee as they wouldn't be able to sell him for the £62m they initially paid.
thats the trouble i also believe the Athletic that Haaland is 900 grand aweek ;)

You can still sell players that don't prove to be up to the job, unless they completely flop or get a crazy injury. We signed Morata, for example, to a 5 year contract. We sold him 2 years later recouping almost all of the initial fee we spent on him.
Depends on their wages though, too high and no one will buy them.

If he's a dud, you won't recoup the money. Lots of your signings have not worked and the players have lost value. You will end up with players on long contracts you can't get rid of, or sell them at cut price to United and other poorly managed clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.