Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the media outrage?

This was the guy who said he, as an American, was going to teach us poor brits how to run football. I hope he has done his sums correctly.
When is the North vs South All Star game?

I did ask how many been sold you said nine not we want let at least nine go of loaned out! Chelsea have till tomorrow to sell a few or loan players out also there is a limit on certain age players going out on loan from one team!

Well since we were counting Felix and Zakaria as part of the incomings I thought counting loaned out players (only prominent members of the first team like CHO, Lukaku, not academy kids) would make it fair analysis. I’m also pretty certain that the club know Jorginho and Azpi won’t be at Chelsea next season so Malo Gusto for example was signed with that in mind.

Well since we were counting Felix and Zakaria as part of the incomings I thought counting loaned out players (only prominent members of the first team like CHO, Lukaku, not academy kids) would make it fair analysis. I’m also pretty certain that the club know Jorginho and Azpi won’t be at Chelsea next season so Malo Gusto for example was signed with that in mind.

Loaned about this window looking at the out you have 1

Loaned about this window looking at the out you have 1

We were talking about how many players Chelsea had signed under this new ownership, weren't we? So that would include last summer? I'm not sure I understand what you mean then, if you are just referring to January ins and outs. We were probably speaking past each other so apologies.

We were talking about how many players Chelsea had signed under this new ownership, weren't we? So that would include last summer? I'm not sure I understand what you mean then, if you are just referring to January ins and outs. We were probably speaking past each other so apologies.

Wires crossed that’s all

Chelsea are doing a fantastic job of destroying the "sport washing" arguments leveled against City and our owners. Thanks, Ted Boehly!

Chelsea are doing a fantastic job of destroying the "sport washing" arguments leveled against City and our owners. Thanks, Ted Boehly!

Well no because he is backed by private equity guys, so yes the level of spending is indeed bonkers but the argument against City (by people that have a problem with you, e.i not me) is that you are state backed and that your owners are using football and your club for their own ulterior motives, which is a completely separate point from just spending crazy money, which was never unique to City anyway. So all the people that thought City were just a sports washing project for dodgy unscrupulous individuals still think that no matter how much money Boehly spends at Chelsea.

Well no because he is backed by private equity guys, so yes the level of spending is indeed bonkers but the argument against City (by people that have a problem with you, e.i not me) is that you are state backed and that your owners are using football and your club for their own ulterior motives, which is a completely separate point than just spending crazy money, which isn't unique to City anyway. So all the people that thought City were just a sports washing project for dodgy unscrupulous individuals still think that no matter how much money Boehly spends at Chelsea.

The point that we are state backed is bonkers if non-state-backed clubs spend a lot more than us. And our net spend over the last 5 years shows that we don't spend more than the other top clubs.

What's the point of crying that we are state backed if some Americans can spend vastly more on players than us? Clearly, it helps other clubs to justify their problems and inability to compete. The truth is, City are much better managed than other clubs with a comparable financial power.

Well no because he is backed by private equity guys, so yes the level of spending is indeed bonkers but the argument against City (by people that have a problem with you, e.i not me) is that you are state backed and that your owners are using football and your club for their own ulterior motives, which is a completely separate point from just spending crazy money, which was never unique to City anyway. So all the people that thought City were just a sports washing project for dodgy unscrupulous individuals still think that no matter how much money Boehly spends at Chelsea.
Your club is "backed" by an 800m loan, 500m fixed and 300m revolving credit option. The loan is a commercial one which will probably cost around 10% of the borrowing pa and rates are not getting cheaper. Along with amortisation costs on the ridiculous 7 - 8 year contracts, player wage costs and a reduction in turnover if the Chav's don't make the Champions League they could have to get very creative in the FFP department.

Also factor in, you will still have to write off around 20m per year for Lukaku, I know he's been injured but 1 goal in 8 games is hardly an advertisement to get decent cash back and he'll be 30 years old at the start of next season.

Your club is "backed" by an 800m loan, 500m fixed and 300m revolving credit option. The loan is a commercial one which will probably cost around 10% of the borrowing pa and rates are not getting cheaper. Along with amortisation costs on the ridiculous 7 - 8 year contracts, player wage costs and a reduction in turnover if the Chav's don't make the Champions League they could have to get very creative in the FFP department.

Also factor in, you will still have to write off around 20m per year for Lukaku, I know he's been injured but 1 goal in 8 games is hardly an advertisement to get decent cash back and he'll be 30 years old at the start of next season.

Understood, that doesn't have anything to do with the post you're responding to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.