Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the link between being a top team and being state backed is amplifying it but the core issue is still being state backed. City and PSG are in the limelight because they're good teams. If a midtable club in France was also state backed, the same people would have a moral issue with that too but it wouldn't be at the forefront of their minds if that club isn't in the CL and therefore visible to the masses.

I do hear what you're saying though, and I will concede I perhaps undersold the spending power aspect a bit but I still think the moral opposition people have to City isn't the money City have spent but how and why City are being used by unscrupulous individuals as a vehicle to sports wash their image.
Except there is no sports washing. City never mention AbuDhabi, our principal owner stated on day 1 that it was a personal investment and the powers that be in AD never mention City. If it was a washing thing there would be a major PR campaign by AD. There isn’t one. Buying clubs in eleven different countries is not what you would do if washing.
It is plain as a pikestaff that Mansour is in it for the money. AD has thirty major development projects in the UK. including offshore wind farms.

All a bit mad isn't it. We make more money than them as well. I imagine they won't have much wiggle room in future seasons.

I understand the link between being a top team and being state backed is amplifying it but the core issue is still being state backed. City and PSG are in the limelight because they're good teams. If a midtable club in France was also state backed, the same people would have a moral issue with that too but it wouldn't be at the forefront of their minds if that club isn't in the CL and therefore visible to the masses.

I do hear what you're saying though, and I will concede I perhaps undersold the spending power aspect a bit but I still think the moral opposition people have to City isn't the money City have spent but how and why City are being used by unscrupulous individuals as a vehicle to sports wash their image.

Roman sportswashed for Putin.

What backing does AbuDhabi give City? None.

I was wondering this.

seems like Chelsea are splashing 80-100 mill every few weeks for some player

how are they avoiding the FFP thing ? surely they dont make that much revenue
I think there's different rules for new owners now, they have a much higher spend limit over 5 years or something as long as they can show they have a plan in place to cover their costs in the future and get their spending in line with FFP after that point.
Basically, if they do exactly what City did after our takeover then they'll be fine. I think the rules were changed as the two Milan clubs were struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.