Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except there is no sports washing. City never mention AbuDhabi, our principal owner stated on day 1 that it was a personal investment and the powers that be in AD never mention City. If it was a washing thing there would be a major PR campaign by AD. There isn’t one. Buying clubs in eleven different countries is not what you would do if washing.
It is plain as a pikestaff that Mansour is in it for the money. AD has thirty major development projects in the UK. including offshore wind farms.

You don’t have to explain that to me. I get it. This whole conversation was about whether Boehly and Chelsea’s current spending spree will ward off some of the sports washing accusations City have been getting. And my point was people that think your owners are using City as a tool to launder their image will think that regardless of what Boehly is doing at Chelsea.

I think there's different rules for new owners now, they have a much higher spend limit over 5 years or something as long as they can show they have a plan in place to cover their costs in the future and get their spending in line with FFP after that point.
Basically, if they do exactly what City did after our takeover then they'll be fine. I think the rules were changed as the two Milan clubs were struggling.

Yep Chinese consortium bought Ac Milan for €740m spent 300m on players did shite uefa all over them after 3 years after there plan went tits up they was in europa so pulled out all together before uefa got hold of them!

Premier league is different Chelsea be fine plus the new ffp is easier to pass!

It’s coming up to one year Since FFP was replaced.

How long before anyone notices?

Plus Chelsea are giving players very long contracts so the amortised amount means they can do this. The rules will soon be changed to ensure amortisation is a max of 5 years.

You don’t have to explain that to me. I get it. This whole conversation was about whether Boehly and Chelsea’s current spending spree will ward off some of the sports washing accusations City have been getting. And my point was people that think your owners are using City as a tool to launder their image will think that regardless of what Boehly is doing at Chelsea.
Well they certainly will while arses like Harris, Delooney and the rest of that motley crew plus the Grauniad keep up their lies. The Grauniad says we receive a regular injection from AD sovereign wealth fund etc etc.
Very frustrating when the club refuses to do anything about it.

I think there's different rules for new owners now, they have a much higher spend limit over 5 years or something as long as they can show they have a plan in place to cover their costs in the future and get their spending in line with FFP after that point.
Basically, if they do exactly what City did after our takeover then they'll be fine. I think the rules were changed as the two Milan clubs were struggling.

Thanks - genuinely interested how it works quite simply

Thanks - genuinely interested how it works quite simply

Don't those new rules come in to play at the end of this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.