Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did he do this? Surely the FA can't punish him for something he did prior to joining the PL.
I think Suarez received a world wide ban from FIFA for the biting incident at the 2014 World Cup. I don't think FIFA will get involved. Eastern Europeans have form for this kind of thing, you'd think he'd be a bit more aware.

I think Suarez received a world wide ban from FIFA for the biting incident at the 2014 World Cup. I don't think FIFA will get involved. Eastern Europeans have form for this kind of thing, you'd think he'd be a bit more aware.

Yeah that's FIFA and it's for something he did during a game during the World Cup but also he was a repeated offender. It was like the third time he had been caught biting someone during a game. Mudryk is under the FA's jurisdiction now and this, rather meek, offence took place before we signed him I presume?

Well a quick google search shows it was a tik tok video he posted 9 months or so ago last summer.

Yeah that's FIFA and it's for something he did during a game during the World Cup but also he was a repeated offender. It was like the third time he had been caught biting someone during a game. Mudryk is under the FA's jurisdiction now and this, rather meek, offence took place before we signed him I presume?

Well a quick google search shows it was a tik tok video he posted 9 months or so ago last summer.
Should nearly always give people a second chance especially at that age. However as other posters have pointed out Bernardo Silva was mullered in the media for sending a tweet to his mate Mendy with a black character on a chocolate wrapper and the caption "guess who?"

He deleted what he thought was an innocent tweet as soon as he was criticised. The media went to town on him, he was fined £50,000, suspended for a game and ordered to attend an educational course.

Compare that to those cunts down the M62, the club, players and fans all supported Suarez after directing a racist slur at Evra, apparently the Club and Carragher apologised 9 years later. He was fined 10k less than Bernie but quite rightly got an 8 game suspension for using the N word.

Should nearly always give people a second chance especially at that age. However as other posters have pointed out Bernardo Silva was mullered in the media for sending a tweet to his mate Mendy with a black character on a chocolate wrapper and the caption "guess who?"

He deleted what he thought was an innocent tweet as soon as he was criticised. The media went to town on him, he was fined £50,000, suspended for a game and ordered to attend an educational course.

Compare that to those cunts down the M62, the club, players and fans all supported Suarez after directing a racist slur at Evra, apparently the Club and Carragher apologised 9 years later. He was fined 10k less than Bernie but quite rightly got an 8 game suspension for using the N word.

I remember the Bernado Silva story, and full disclosure, I was one of the people that thought he was wrong for doing that but I also thought a simple acknowledgement of his error was enough to close that case and move on. I didn't like the pile on and the fact that they came down so hard on him shows the infuriatingly inconsistencies with which they deal with transgressions.

I do think though, if Mudryk was a Chelsea player when he posted this video, that the FA would have punished him too and he would only have himself to blame but the fact that it is an old video someone has unearthed, I really don't think there's much for the FA to do about it.

They've not filed 2022 accounts yet but they reported a loss of £153m in 2021, which was after an extraordinary item (player impairments plus ongoing legal issues) of £42m. And that was the season they beat us in the CL final.

They borrowed, or had cash injected, over £157m (but repaid debt of £132m).

So even without that £42m, as CL winners they lost over £100m and weren't self-sufficient cash-wise. How the fuck are they getting away without major media, PL or UEFA scrutiny?

Shows (a) how scared our fearless sporting media, who regularly slander us, were of Abramovich and (b) how utterly useless FFP is. That's the sort of stuff that La Liga crucified Barcelona for, and forced them to get spending under control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.