Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've not filed 2022 accounts yet but they reported a loss of £153m in 2021, which was after an extraordinary item (player impairments plus ongoing legal issues) of £42m. And that was the season they beat us in the CL final.

They borrowed, or had cash injected, over £157m (but repaid debt of £132m).

So even without that £42m, as CL winners they lost over £100m and weren't self-sufficient cash-wise. How the fuck are they getting away without major media, PL or UEFA scrutiny?

Shows (a) how scared our fearless sporting media, who regularly slander us, were of Abramovich and (b) how utterly useless FFP is. That's the sort of stuff that La Liga crucified Barcelona for, and forced them to get spending under control.

I read the Swiss ramble he went of last accounts and overall said if they sell a few players they could just be ok with ffp but that was before this Enzo signing if they get him! We just got to sit back and see where they are in 2/3 years! It’s weird really chelsea not getting any stick maybe it’s because they are stuck in 10th

I read the Swiss ramble he went of last accounts and overall said if they sell a few players they could just be ok with ffp but that was before this Enzo signing if they get him! We just got to sit back and see where they are in 2/3 years! It’s weird really chelsea not getting any stick maybe it’s because they are stuck in 10th
True, And maybe it's because they have an American owner and we have........

They've not filed 2022 accounts yet but they reported a loss of £153m in 2021, which was after an extraordinary item (player impairments plus ongoing legal issues) of £42m. And that was the season they beat us in the CL final.

They borrowed, or had cash injected, over £157m (but repaid debt of £132m).

So even without that £42m, as CL winners they lost over £100m and weren't self-sufficient cash-wise. How the fuck are they getting away without major media, PL or UEFA scrutiny?

Shows (a) how scared our fearless sporting media, who regularly slander us, were of Abramovich and (b) how utterly useless FFP is. That's the sort of stuff that La Liga crucified Barcelona for, and forced them to get spending under control.
It's staggering how no one is questioning their spending. Now, if we did it........

200 (2).gif

It's staggering how no one is questioning their spending. Now, if we did it........

View attachment 67687
And yes; I realise we spent heavy in a relatively short period of time after the takeover. But there were extenuating circumstances back then. Namely getting in before the drawbridge was raised. We haven't spent like Chelsea have done (in such a relatively short time frame) in years now.

And yes; I realise we spent heavy in a relatively short period of time after the takeover. But there were extenuating circumstances back then. Namely getting in before the drawbridge was raised. We haven't spent like Chelsea have done (in such a relatively short time frame) in years now.
We’ve literally never spent as much as they have in this window. Not even fucking close

Chelsea taking a huge dump on FFP.
The press not bating an eyelid.
Can you imagine the furore if it were us?
I wish HH sold the club to his son for a fiver and then spent a billion in one window.
The amount of piss that would boil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.