Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed it with Cucurella and now again with Caicedo, but Brighton fans really do not react in a healthy way at all when their players are linked with moves to bigger clubs. Never known a fanbase to take it so badly.
And Potter. I thought their reaction to him was appalling when he went back there. Don’t blame them so much with Caicedo.

Article on Chelsea’s spending says that cannot register 3 of there new signing for champions league why ?

Article on Chelsea’s spending says that cannot register 3 of there new signing for champions league why ?

Well UEFA rules state you can only register 3 new players in January that weren’t part of the squad at the start of the season.

We’ve signed 7 players. Andrey Santos and David Fofana will naturally miss out. They’re young players, cheap punts for the future. That still leaves two out of Felix, Enzo, Mudryk, Madueke and Badiashile to miss out.

My opinion I don’t think it’s a difficult choice. You go with Mudryk, Enzo and Felix. Harsh on Badiashile as he’s actually been class in the games he’s played.

Well UEFA rules state you can only register 3 new players in January that weren’t part of the squad at the start of the season.

We’ve signed 7 players. Andrey Santos and David Fofana will naturally miss out. They’re young players, cheap punts for the future. That still leaves two out of Felix, Enzo, Mudryk, Madueke and Badiashile to miss out.

My opinion I don’t think it’s a difficult choice. You go with Mudryk, Enzo and Felix. Harsh on Badiashile as he’s actually been class in the games he’s played.
Seems mad to buy players spend so much and not be able to play them in a key competition

Despite all of their spending I can’t help but feel it’s all a bit ‘meh’. They’ll always pick up trophies here and there and will be a threat to whoever they play in a 95 minute match - but across a season or seasons, I just can’t see them having the consistency on and off the pitch to be considered a consistent threat.

Fans are split if I'm being totally honest. Everyone is obviously excited by the new players. We've gotten a little taster of Mudryk and Felix and we can't wait to see them again. Enzo has got everyone super hyped so there's excitement and optimism there because we've signed these players but there is a sizeable group now that feel Potter simply isn't up to the job, and I know some of that is just fans being spoilt and can't handle a season rebuilding and allowing the manager to settle and implement his ideas, but some of it is also just genuine concern that we're spending all this money for a pretty unproven manager who has never managed a club at this level or players of this calibre. So there's that. There's a small, but growing #PotterOut group.

That's Potter though. Most feel Chelsea are heading in the right direction. A lot of us are even fantasising about the Champions League now, given we have added Mudryk, Felix and Enzo to the squad. If we get our injured players back (James, Chilwell and Fofana have been back in full training for weeks now and are almost ready to return while Kante is scheduled to be back next month, he's already doing individual training), there's this new found hope that we can do something interesting in the CL this season.

And then next season, it's a full on assault on the summit (I hope).
I quite like Potter, but I just don’t think he’ll get the time he (any) manager needs to get his ideas across, it will be even harder with so many new faces I’m the squad - given time I think he’ll do brilliantly, but I just can’t see him being afforded that luxury.

Hopefully Chelsea’s loss is England’s gain and we can f**k that negative sod Southgate off

Noticed it with Cucurella and now again with Caicedo, but Brighton fans really do not react in a healthy way at all when their players are linked with moves to bigger clubs. Never known a fanbase to take it so badly.
I'd be pissed off in their position, they're entitled to their opinion, all their best players being cherry picked. I hope it goes badly wrong for Cucurella and Trossard, pair of cunts. As for the latter and Caceido I'd fuck the January window off, causes too much disruption.

I'd be pissed off in their position, they're entitled to their opinion, all their best players being cherry picked. I hope it goes badly wrong for Cucurella and Trossard, pair of cunts. As for the latter and Caceido I'd fuck the January window off, causes too much disruption.

Caicedo didn't leave though? Arsenal bid a more than fair amount, Brighton said no, Caicedo is back in training. Nobody behaved out of line apart from the player and no lasting damage is done.

My problem with Brighton fans is they're all acting like £45m for Cucurella and £70m for Caicedo are somehow insultingly low offers.

Noticed him at the WC, he has a very good engine on him. However, that was it to him. Not a particularly stellar playmaker, nor rock solid defensively, just a decent box-to-box midfielder.

I think overall he's a good player, but I don't think he's £100m good.
come on you know after his first touch the media will "well 100 million grealish can't do that "

Class, after 2 games? You played the misfiring Dippers and Palace, let's see how he gets on against a decent attack. Will he be the next Thiago Silva or could he turn out to be the next Mangala who had a storming debut against your lot and became one of the worst defenders I've seen at elite level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.