Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure how this Chelsea spending will pan out. They do not seem to have the core of big character players that were the cornerstone of their success in spite of the revolving door management policy.
It will be interesting to watch and, if they have messed up, the length of the contracts they have dished out could be crippling.

I am not sure how this Chelsea spending will pan out. They do not seem to have the core of big character players that were the cornerstone of their success in spite of the revolving door management policy.
It will be interesting to watch and, if they have messed up, the length of the contracts they have dished out could be crippling.
I seriously think they will be in a lot of bother within the next couple of years

They have an entirely different mentality and outlook to us - a scattergun approach that is actually their policy and occasionally they get "lucky". Quick fire as opposed to holistic - they apply it to player and management recruitment and offloading. 2 European cups give it some credence.
All this faux outrage and superiority over their dealings - they don’t give a stuff. It really is a rich person's plaything. That's their project.

Last edited:
Is it true that they can only register 3 of their new signings for the CL?… the only competition they’ve got a chance of winning!! Absolute madness lol

Yes, I've heard of it. Located in the dictionary between patronising and wanker.

They've hardly sold fuck all this last 12 months and brought about 15 players in!
They'll have trouble selling some of decent earners who they will want to move on. Will probably have to sell some players for less than their amortised values which will be a loss in the accounts. Also some of those players won't move without a payoff if they're on big wages.

To be honest I watched all of Argentina's WC games. I didn't much notice Enzo at all. You may be spot on here - time will tell.
Noticed him at the WC, he has a very good engine on him. However, that was it to him. Not a particularly stellar playmaker, nor rock solid defensively, just a decent box-to-box midfielder.

I think overall he's a good player, but I don't think he's £100m good.

Noticed him at the WC, he has a very good engine on him. However, that was it to him. Not a particularly stellar playmaker, nor rock solid defensively, just a decent box-to-box midfielder.

I think overall he's a good player, but I don't think he's £100m good.
Our 14 million Argentinian signing looking like one of the best bargain signings ever.

We haven't really won much in the last 5 years or so. But Thiago Silva, James, Mount, Kante, Chilwell, Kovacic have all served under 3 different Chelsea managers and won the CL. Obviously this isn't the same as Pep, for example, walking into City and finding winners like Kompany, Aguero, David Silva etc already there.

The onus is on guys like Reece James and Mount, as well as Thiago Silva for as long as he's here, to set the culture standards. They are the academy lads. They are the ones who get the club. One of them will probably be the next Chelsea captain. And they aren't really little kids anymore so their influence and leadership can hold weight with the new arrivals. I believe we're already seeing it with James. Almost every single new signing that has come through the doors has talked about how James' presence has been important to how well they've settled into the group and life in London.

So yeah, you make a fair point there and clearly there are still a lot of juggling balls to be done but when the dust settles hopefully pieces begin to fall into place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.