Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't really won much in the last 5 years or so. But Thiago Silva, James, Mount, Kante, Chilwell, Kovacic have all served under 3 different Chelsea managers and won the CL. Obviously this isn't the same as Pep, for example, walking into City and finding winners like Kompany, Aguero, David Silva etc already there.

The onus is on guys like Reece James and Mount, as well as Thiago Silva for as long as here, to set the culture standards. They are the academy lads. They are the ones who get the club. One of them will probably be the next Chelsea captain. And they aren't really little kids anymore so their influence and leadership can hold weight with the new arrivals. I believe we're already seeing it with James. Almost every single new signing that has come through the doors has talked about how James's presence has been important to how well they've settled into the group and life in London.

So yeah, you make a fair point there and clearly there are still a lot of juggling balls to be done but when the dust settles hopefully pieces begin to fall into place.
Interesting response - thank you. From the time that I started watching City, Chelsea always seem to have had strong leaders and it is interesting to know that you think James is the player that will be assuming that mantle.

One of my favourite seasons was 88/89 when City and Chelsea were battling to win the old second division and during the run in it was the presence of guys like Graham Roberts and Peter Nicholas that allowed Chelsea to romp home whilst City with a young squad, chased by a Palace side containing Bright and Wright, stumbled over the line on the last day of the season.

How is the general feeling amongst Chelsea fans about the club's current position and Potter? - I guess being fifth in the London club league table must be hard to take but there must be some excitement about so many potentially good players coming in?

Noticed it with Cucurella and now again with Caicedo, but Brighton fans really do not react in a healthy way at all when their players are linked with moves to bigger clubs. Never known a fanbase to take it so badly.

Interesting response - thank you. From the time that I started watching City, Chelsea always seem to have had strong leaders and it is interesting to know that you think James is the player that will be assuming that mantle.

One of my favourite seasons was 88/89 when City and Chelsea were battling to win the old second division and during the run in it was the presence of guys like Graham Roberts and Peter Nicholas that allowed Chelsea to romp home whilst City with a young squad, chased by a Palace side containing Bright and Wright, stumbled over the line on the last day of the season.

How is the general feeling amongst Chelsea fans about the club's current position and Potter? - I guess being fifth in the London club league table must be hard to take but there must be some excitement about so many potentially good players coming in?

Fans are split if I'm being totally honest. Everyone is obviously excited by the new players. We've gotten a little taster of Mudryk and Felix and we can't wait to see them again. Enzo has got everyone super hyped so there's excitement and optimism there because we've signed these players but there is a sizeable group now that feel Potter simply isn't up to the job, and I know some of that is just fans being spoilt and can't handle a season rebuilding and allowing the manager to settle and implement his ideas, but some of it is also just genuine concern that we're spending all this money for a pretty unproven manager who has never managed a club at this level or players of this calibre. So there's that. There's a small, but growing #PotterOut group.

That's Potter though. Most feel Chelsea are heading in the right direction. A lot of us are even fantasising about the Champions League now, given we have added Mudryk, Felix and Enzo to the squad. If we get our injured players back (James, Chilwell and Fofana have been back in full training for weeks now and are almost ready to return while Kante is scheduled to be back next month, he's already doing individual training), there's this new found hope that we can do something interesting in the CL this season.

And then next season, it's a full on assault on the summit (I hope).

Noticed it with Cucurella and now again with Caicedo, but Brighton fans really do not react in a healthy way at all when their players are linked with moves to bigger clubs. Never known a fanbase to take it so badly.

To be fair, Brighton believe Caicedo's new agents were colluding with Arsenal to force Brighton's hand. I'd be pretty upset by that too, if that is true.

I guess it is hard for them to see upwards progress if their better players are continually being sold.

I can understand it to a degree , but their scouting is absolutely mint regularly finding such players .

We haven't really won much in the last 5 years or so. But Thiago Silva, James, Mount, Kante, Chilwell, Kovacic have all served under 3 different Chelsea managers and won the CL. Obviously this isn't the same as Pep, for example, walking into City and finding winners like Kompany, Aguero, David Silva etc already there.

The onus is on guys like Reece James and Mount, as well as Thiago Silva for as long as he's here, to set the culture standards. They are the academy lads. They are the ones who get the club. One of them will probably be the next Chelsea captain. And they aren't really little kids anymore so their influence and leadership can hold weight with the new arrivals. I believe we're already seeing it with James. Almost every single new signing that has come through the doors has talked about how James' presence has been important to how well they've settled into the group and life in London.

So yeah, you make a fair point there and clearly there are still a lot of juggling balls to be done but when the dust settles hopefully pieces begin to fall into place.
Reece James is the one player I would love to have here over anybody else in the division. But I doubt he would come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.