Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people are so keen to make Potter out as an excellent manager simply at the wrong club at the wrong time.

He was fucking terrible. Borderline clueless. His reputation is and should well be in tatters. To walk into a side that under the previous manager won the champions league and was in multiple cup finals, had 600m+ of new players, and to drop them into the bottom half of the table is deserving of the sack. And ridicule. Their worst ever manager apparently.

Yes he exceeded expectations at Brighton, and yes he is a 'cool' young-ish mod-looking Englishman that some had a romantic notion could one day manage us. But Brighton have done just as well if not better since he left, because they have a good recruitment set-up and are capable of finding the right players. It now looks like he was at the right place at the right time there.

Ultimately he was found out, way out of his depth and not good enough for the top level. It was a stupid move, one he wasn't ready for, but he was nowhere near good enough to go for it.

Once he got his haircut and Andre dress code there was only one way it was going to end..

Potterball:

(-) 28% win rate in 3 years @ Brighton
(-) Never finishing a season with a (+)ve goal difference.
(-) Never beating a PL opposition in any cup competition.
(-) At his age, statistically worse than Big Sam, Pulis & Uncle Woy by every metric.
(+) Talks about growing a nice beard and having a footballer's trimz to keep the UK Journo's smiling.

Yep but played good football

To walk into a side that under the previous manager won the champions league and was in multiple cup finals, had 600m+ of new players

Which one is it? He walked into a side that won the CL or he walked into a side with 600m in new players?

They can't both be true.

Chelsea lost Rudiger, Alonso, Christensen, Giroud, Werner, Emerson before he got there and Kante was only fit for 33 minutes of his tenure.

What's laughable is his record.

He is a 'good' manager, for clubs like Swansea, and where Brighton were when he was there, with low expectations. He is not good enough for top level clubs. He didn't live up to the hype.

He has time on his side and will find a good club for his level, doubt any top club would now dare go near him though.

I find it bizarre that people could watch Potter's Brighton beat us last season playing some of the best football of any side we've played against under Pep and conclude the manager is shit.

I find it bizarre that people could watch Potter's Brighton beat us last season playing some of the best football of any side we've played against under Pep and conclude the manager is shit.

So he is the Adama Traore of management, great.

Like many, I felt it was obvious that this was never going to work. No doubt there will be a few smirks on the faces of Brighton fans this morning.
The step up from Brighton to Chelsea is a considerable one. Was Potter being ambitious ?or was he simply deluded thinking he could succeed there? That club do have history in sacking managers who have been significantly better than Potter don't they!
Relating it to City (it may have been mentioned akready) I know the guy is woven into our fabric and seems to have his 'head screwed on' but this does make me hope that our ex captain isn't considered for the job here for a little while!
Obviously totally different circumstances, and potentially a far better manager imo, and we would all love him to succeed here eventually but I would hate to see Kompany take on such a challenge when not yet ready. (as Potter clearly wasnt)

Glad he’s gone there a shambles of a club anyhow ..........onto the next messiah like the Spursy which will no doubt end in tears yet again ........... do these club not believe in building and giving managers time ...........Potter will be back in the PL soon and will do well again

It's about being smart enough to read how the land lays.

He turned down a new deal with the best team in the country, with the best manager, playing plenty.

What his ego would not accept, was not playing in some of the biggest games.

When Pep played him in the biggest game in our history to date.

To move to Chelsea? A basket-case, regardless of geography.

He is miles away from being an automatic starter in that bloated squad.

I'm sure he regrets it.

Maybe he holds out some hope that Chelsea can make the Europa Conference!

Glad he’s gone there a shambles of a club anyhow ..........onto the next messiah like the Spursy which will no doubt end in tears yet again ........... do these club not believe in building and giving managers time ...........Potter will be back in the PL soon and will do well again

City supporters know from the Swales era…. Swapping managers gets you nowhere… Potters may have been fine if they’d given him time but, he was never getting that. He’s Been linked with Leicester, but looking at him he needs some time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.