Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's laughable is his record.

He is a 'good' manager, for clubs like Swansea, and where Brighton were when he was there, with low expectations. He is not good enough for top level clubs. He didn't live up to the hype.

He has time on his side and will find a good club for his level, doubt any top club would now dare go near him though.

You judge him as much as you want on less than one season with a seemingly bizarre transfer policy from what seems like a crap guy in charge.

I could use your standards and show you many a manager that doesn't fit your thinking but It won't get us anywhere.

You judge him as much as you want on less than one season with a seemingly bizarre transfer policy from what seems like a crap guy in charge.

I could use your standards and show you many a manager that doesn't fit your thinking but It won't get us anywhere.
Bang on even a top level manager would struggle with the scatter brain transfer policy ........... money doesn’t alway buy success

Mark had the same owners as Pep in the end, and we had not done what Chelsea has done under Boehly. It’s not the same argument at all.

There’s no comparable situation.

I disagree on this one. For me Boehly's biggest mistake, among his many expensive ones, was hiring a manager out of his depth to deal with a quickly increased squad.

Spending is the easy bit isnt it. Been saying this for years
The cost of players is only a tiny part of any recruitment strategy.

It's about getting the right type of player, with the right temperament who is capable of fitting in to a new environment, with a willingness to adapt to the training methods, the staff and be able to get on with their new team mates - all at the RIGHT PRICE. Some of those attributes are a bit of a gamble, but on the whole, City have been VERY good at getting it right. I don't think we've really overspent on anyone in recent years, except perhaps he who should not be named (currently not in the squad, and never likely to be again). Cancelo came at a good price, but appears to be lacking when it comes to temperament.

The Chav's on the other hand have been the epitome of 'splash the cash', which doesn't appear to be working out too well for them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.