Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their recruitment is so erratic. They're the football equivalent of throwing darts at a map and buying wherever it lands. As a result they've got a squad with no cohesion that's not gelling, and not nearly enough minutes to go around. I think I could name nearly 15 guys off the top of my head just for the front 3.

So that's their problem. Well that and they insist on playing Mason Mount.

Their recruitment is so erratic. They're the football equivalent of throwing darts at a map and buying wherever it lands. As a result they've got a squad with no cohesion that's not gelling, and not nearly enough minutes to go around. I think I could name nearly 15 guys off the top of my head just for the front 3.

In serious danger of having to basically write off loads of player contracts. The later in the summer transfer window, the more desperate they will get
Can see the likes of Levy and the Italians picking up loads of their current squad for peanuts or on ridiculously favourable loan terms come the first week of September

Mount hasn’t played the last few weeks game and we’re still dropping useless points to bang average teams. He isn’t the problem. He’s had a rough season but, to me, he remains one of our most important players. Hopefully we can sort his contract out.

I don't get why people are so keen to make Potter out as an excellent manager simply at the wrong club at the wrong time.

He was fucking terrible. Borderline clueless. His reputation is and should well be in tatters. To walk into a side that under the previous manager won the champions league and was in multiple cup finals, had 600m+ of new players, and to drop them into the bottom half of the table is deserving of the sack. And ridicule. Their worst ever manager apparently.

Yes he exceeded expectations at Brighton, and yes he is a 'cool' young-ish mod-looking Englishman that some had a romantic notion could one day manage us. But Brighton have done just as well if not better since he left, because they have a good recruitment set-up and are capable of finding the right players. It now looks like he was at the right place at the right time there.

Ultimately he was found out, way out of his depth and not good enough for the top level. It was a stupid move, one he wasn't ready for, but he was nowhere near good enough to go for it.
Plus he gets £13 million for his incompetence !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.