Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that Boehly’s mega-squad literally couldn’t fit in the changing room, players were changing in the corridors

In order to get whole team involved in training, Potter was running one 11v11 game alongside one 9v9 game, on adjoining training pitches

He's been there what, 5 days? Things were blissful for Tuchel at Chelsea the first 12 months. But soon after that articles kept coming out about how players felt drained by approach and once the ownership change happened, he struggled to get along with the new owners too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was friction between him and the Bayern board/players in about 18 months.

I personally wouldn't have sacked him. He's a great coach but him being difficult to work with has been well documented since his Dortmund days.
He fell out with Dortmund, he fell out with PSG, and for as far as you want to count it he fell out with Boehly FC too.

He has stated publically he prefers to have a go-between with himself and the owner, rather than talk to the owner directly. Cech was fulfilling this role under Abramovich, and that allowed for a reasonable working-relationship.

Once Cech and that role were removed, the same story as in the past, there was friction. Coupled with a bad start to the season it spelled the end for him.

5th of April and Chelsea still haven't hit the magical 40 points target.

Reports that Boehly’s mega-squad literally couldn’t fit in the changing room, players were changing in the corridors

In order to get whole team involved in training, Potter was running one 11v11 game alongside one 9v9 game, on adjoining training pitches
Honestly crazy how I see people go on about how potter spent £300m in the January transfer window when it’s obvious that it was Boehly transfers. Potter may of wanted a few but some of them haven’t played a single game since being bought. They have to sell and unfortunately one of their best players is Chillwell and I would be surprised if they let him go.

Chilwell and James would be nice additions for us. That Felix has nice touches but he just doesn’t seem to hurt teams. Losing Rudiger and Christensen has weakened their defence for sure. Havertz looks bereft of confidence and a proper 9 would’ve won them that game last night. Again though like Liverpool, we could do with a favour from them when they play arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.