Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight, the ruthless culture at Chelsea was the wrong choice but honestly, looking at the results Potter managed over the last 7 months, most managers at most clubs would have been sacked. Southampton sacked Nathan Jones for a run of results that was better than Chelsea at the time of his sacking. Unless the manager has some kind of kind of bond already established with the club, they usually do not survive the kind of results Potter has produced.

If he had just slightly higher in the table, but still vastly underperforming, like say 6th or 7th I'm pretty sure he would still be in the job. But we're 11th. I don't see how anyone can defend that, despite all of the obstacles he has faced.

Played 29 games, lost 10 isn't good, of course. But if two of those had been wins, you would have been 7th, so basically he was sacked for the results of two games out of 29. Seems to me Boehly has panicked at the thought of missing out on CL football and all that entails and, in doing so, has just highlighted the craziness of his recruitment of, firstly, players and, secondly, the manager.

Do you have any confidence that he will appoint a manager this time who can handle such a bloated and dysfunctional squad? Actually, is there one?

I'd be dissapointed if Enrique goes there as I always thought he'd be the perfect candidate to succeed Guardiola.

Oh well I guess Pep will just have to stay forever now.
Doesn’t mean he can’t when the time comes. Pep is going nowhere, thank fxck. We have plenty more of this journey together, both parties on Cloud 9.

Which means in the mean time, any potential future suitors that are already around will indeed be taking other jobs, and that’s fine.

Played 29 games, lost 10 isn't good, of course. But if two of those had been wins, you would have been 7th, so basically he was sacked for the results of two games out of 29. Seems to me Boehly has panicked at the thought of missing out on CL football and all that entails and, in doing so, has just highlighted the craziness of his recruitment of, firstly, players and, secondly, the manager.

Do you have any confidence that he will appoint a manager this time who can handle such a bloated and dysfunctional squad? Actually, is there one?

I think that is oversimplifying it a little too much. You’re right that we’re only a win or two extra from being 7th but that’s crazy in itself that we’re 6 points behind 7th place at this stage of the season. We’re out of both domestics cups at the first hurdle, and we barely put up a fight in one of them.

I do feel Potter was dealt a very tough hand and I feel very sorry for him but ultimately we’re 11th in April with no real sign of any progress.

Matt Law said the decision to sack was ultimately made by the two sporting directors, one of whom is Paul Winstanley who followed Potter from Brighton to Chelsea. They made the recommendation to the owners who acted on that recommendation.

I hope they don’t rush the process this time. The last time Potter was hired 24 hours after Tuchel was sacked and it just Boehly and Eghbali making that decision. This time they put people in place to navigate the hiring process so hopefully it yields a better outcome this time .

Ah, that most overused word of the Facebook generation, “amazing”. No he’s not, he’s a very good footballer but not as good as Rodri in my opinion.

As usual, you add nothing useful to the conversation. I’ve highlighted the most important bit of your post for you.

But we're 11th. I don't see how anyone can defend that, despite all of the obstacles he has faced.
There isn’t one, and that’s exactly it. No point saying “despite all of the obstacles”, when those obstacles are the defining point of the season and can’t be dismissed or ignored.

No manager on earth could have polished that turd, and that he even made it appear like chocolate mousse every so often is maybe more than most could have done.

I think that is oversimplifying it a little too much. You’re right that we’re only a win or two extra from being 7th but that’s crazy in itself that we’re 6 points behind 7th place at this stage of the season. We’re out of both domestics cups at the first hurdle, and we barely put up a fight in one of them.

I do feel Potter was dealt a very tough hand and I feel very sorry for him but ultimately we’re 11th in April with no real sign of any progress.

Matt Law said the decision to sack was ultimately made by the two sporting directors, one of whom is Paul Winstanley who followed Potter from Brighton to Chelsea. They made the recommendation to the owners who acted on that recommendation.

I hope they don’t rush the process this time. The last time Potter was hired 24 hours after Tuchel was sacked and it just Boehly and Eghbali making that decision. This time they put people in place to navigate the hiring process so hopefully it yields a better outcome this time .
We could lend you Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.